The Accident

"Finally! We're going home!" Shouted Mitch to Jerome. After  3 months travelling around, they finally get on a plane to go back home from Hawaii.

"Ah. Yo! Mitch!"Jerome shouted back. "I know your excited, I too can't wait to get home, but tone it down people are looking." Jerome pointed to the tourists that were in line with them getting on the plane.
"I DO NOT CAAARRREE!" He answered back. Jerome finally smiled and yelled "I KNOW ME TOO!!" He grabbed Mitch's hands and started to jump and turn in circles in him.
"Yeeaa! We should stop." Said Mitch. They instantly became embarrassed and were quiet till they got on the plane.

They sat to the right of a window seat that was 6 rows away from the wing emergency exit. It was going to be a 16 hour flight because they were going over the ocean. They both texted their friends that they were on the plane and rested. The plane took off and slept.

9 hours in, Jerome woke up hearing thunder.  The plane shook and Mitch woke up. Everyone woke up. The plane shook more. "Attention everyone. Please stay calm and put your seatbelts on quickly. We have entered an unexpected storm. We are almost to California." Said the pilot over the radio.
Everyone hurriedly put on the seatbelts. The plane jumped up then down. Lightning stroke. Thunder roared. The plane shook more.
Mitch could hear Jerome breathing heavy. He looked at him and saw him shaking (or it was probably the plane). Jerome looked at Mitch. He was also breathing heavy. They both could see the fear in each others eyes. "J-Jerome... Y-you okay?" Mitch asked trying to sound calm. Jerome nodded.
"D-dont worry. We're almost there-"
The plane started to head down nose first. You could see the baggage going up and people's hair going upwards. Then the plane did a dip and became straight again. Everything dropped. The air masks came down. Mitch hurriedly put on the mask as well as everyone else. He looked at Jerome,  so frightened and barely moved. He instantly grabbed the mask and put it over Jerome's face. "Jerome!" He yelled. Jerome finally talked and whispered "Mitch. What are we gonna do?"

Mitch  wasn't able to answer. All of a sudden the plane felt like it hit a speed bump. It had hit the ocean.
The pilot came out and said "We need everyone to calmly enter the rafts of the emergency exit. Please put your valuables in the zip lock bag and put it in the box that is coming around." Ladies were walking and collecting the bags.

After that they put on life jackets and exited the wings. Mitch and Jerome were on the raft and helped paddle.
They paddled towards the closest land which was 3 hours away.
The storm had hit the ocean when they could see land. The waves grew big. Water came into the raft. Mitch and Jerome could see a helicopter over the rafts. They threw down a rope and the copilot tied it to the raft. The helicopter headed towards land, pulling the 3 rafts that were filled with people.
A huge wave formed. The 3 rafts rode it and flew in the air.  Jerome could see the rescue trucks and cars. They were close. "Ahhh!! Jerome !" Jerome looked behind and saw that Mitch was hanging onto the fast moving raft with his hands. His body was in the water. 
"Oh My Gosh! Buddy!" Said Jerome. Another huge wave. "I. Can't. Hold. Any longer!  Jerome, Help!" Jerome slowly moved towards the back of the raft and reached out for Mitch's hand. The raft flew up and Mitch's hand slipped and he was flunged high in the air and he had hit the water roughly. Jerome reacted and jumped in.
He looked around the waters yelling "Mitch! Buddy! Where are you?!" He saw Mitch rise and shouted with water in his mouth "JEROME!"  Mitch went under. Jerome took the life jacket off and held onto it. He took a deep breath and went under.
Mitch could see Jerome coming. He tried to swim up. They grabbed each others hand and went to surface. They gasped for air and held the jacket for dear life.
The water was calmer but still rough. A rescue boat came and found them. They were dragged onto the boat and received aid at once. Masks were on them. Mitch looked at Jerome and saw him passed out. He also passed out. They were instantly taken to the hospital.