Chapter 2 Danger

Evelyn POV

Right now, I'm waiting for the bell to ring so I could go pick up Layla from the daycare. The bell rang, and everyone packed their stuff and began leaving.

Immediately, I made my way to the school exit. Once I was outside, I watch my three best friends get on their separate vehicles. Then they drove away in the same direction.

'I still don't get it,' I thought.

Why take three different kinds of vehicles?

When they could take only one?

Where do they always go after school?

'Well, they can hide whatever they want from me. After all, I'm also hiding things from them,' I thought.

I walked to my car, got on, and started the engine. I drove to the daycare center, where I picked up Layla and went back home to rest after a long day of school.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," I heard Layla tell me.

"Hold on, dear. Once we get home, Mommy will make you dinner," I said.

"Okay" she replied.

At home, I made dinner for both Layla and I. Once she finished eating, I gave her a nice warm bath. When we were done with her bath, I put her to sleep.

"Mommy, *Yawn* can we go to the park tomorrow?" Layla asked with a yawn. I chuckle.

"Of course, dear," I replied with a kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight, my sweet little baby girl," I said.

"Goodnight, Mommy," she replied back before closing her eyes and falling asleep.

I smile once more before leaving her room. I sigh. I'm so tired. I was lucky that tomorrow was Saturday and we didn't have school. I also took a nice warm bath before going to sleep myself.

~NEXT DAY~

I woke up early in the morning. I dressed up in a pair of cute blue shorts and a nice black crop top hoodie and a couple of red converses. I did my hair then my makeup.

Once I was done getting ready, I walked downstairs and began to prepare breakfast. When I finished, I went back upstairs and entered Layla's room. I walked to her bed and shook her so she could wake up.

"Layla, dear. Wake up. Breakfast is ready," I said. I watch her wake up from her sleep with a cute yawn that melts my heart.

"Good morning, Mommy," she said.

"Good morning, dear. Here let me help you get ready," I said, picking her up.

I dressed her up into a cute dress with a pair of pink converses. I then brushed her beautiful orange hair next.

"Done," I said.

"Thank you, Mommy. Do I look as beautiful as you?" she asked. I chuckle.

"No... "I replied.

"You're even more beautiful than me," I said, tickling her.

"Mommy, that tickles," Layla said. I finally stopped.

"Come on before the food gets cold," I said.

"Oki" she replied. I picked her up and took her downstairs to eat.

Once we were finished, I washed the dishes and put them away. I walked to the living room and saw Layla waiting for me. After all, I promised to take her to the park today.

"Come on, dear. Let's go to the park," I said.

"Yeah!" she yelled happily.

I grabbed a pair of black sunglasses and put them on my head, so I could use them later. I grab my car keys, then my purse and walk out with Layla.