Chapter 4 Living With The Enemy

Evelyn POV

After a long day, I'm finally going home.

And guess who's taking me?

Yeah, you guessed it.

My rapist.

I was in the passenger seat while the ambulance drove itself. It was creepy, but I really don't care. Layla was still sound asleep on my lap with her head on my chest.

Finally, we made it home. I was about to open the door, but it then began. I looked in front of me and saw Ratchet's hologram standing there.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Optimus ordered me to stay by your side 24/7," Ratchet explained.

"Uh... Okay," I said.

I don't know why, but I didn't like the idea of my rapist living on the same roof as me. I think he saw my hesitating because he chuckles.

"If you think I'm gonna rape you again. You don't have anything to worry about," Ratchet said.

"How could I know that?" I asked. Ratchet sigh.

"Look, I know this won't change a thing, but I'm sorry, okay. When I raped you, I was not in control of my body, but like it or not, I'm the Father of your daughter," Ratchet said.

"Whatever," I said.

I made my way to the front door of my house. I stopped and began looking for my house key inside my purse. It was difficult because I was carrying Layla with me.

"Need some help?" Ratchet asked.

I stopped and looked at him. As much as I don't want him to help me. I could end up dropping Layla in the process.

"Fine," I said, handing him my purse. He took it and began looking for my house key.

Finally, he found the key. He unlocked the door and opened it for me. I walked in and laid all my stuff on the counter at the kitchen.

I was so tired. How much I will love to just drop on my couch and fall asleep, but I couldn't. I needed to take Layla to her room.

"Let me put Layla in her room, and then I'll tell you where you can sleep," I said before walking up the stairs and straight to Layla's room.

Once I finished putting Layla back in her room, I went back downstairs and saw Ratchet looking at something. I looked closer and saw him looking at a photo. The photo was of Layla and me at the hospital. Layla had just been born in that photo.

"Uh... I just finished putting Layla to bed," I said, breaking him from his thoughts. He then looked at me.

"Tell me, what do you do for a living?" he asked.

"I work at a restaurant after school," I replied.

"And Layla?" he asked.

"She stays at the daycare center until I go and pick her up," I replied.

"Mmm..." he replied.

"Why are you suddenly asking me all this?" I asked.

"Starting Monday, you won't have to go to work," Ratchet said.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.

"From now on, you won't have to worry about money. I will tell Agent Fowler to help you out. Also, when you go to school, I will take care of Layla for you. Like that, you won't have to worry about her," Ratchet explained.

"Wow, since when did you start to care?" I asked.

"I don't care, but it's my duty now. Since I'm Layla's Father," Ratchet replied.