Chapter 8 Escape

Ratchet POV

*Time Skip*

Finally, we went back to base after a long time at the park. I was happy that Layla was smiling again. I stopped then transformed back to my bi-pedal mode with Layla on my servo. I then stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the whole team standing in a circle around the computer.

“What’s wrong?” I asked then everyone immediately turned to look at me. Optimus then stepped forward.

“We received a call from Megatron,” Optimus replied. 

“What does he want?” I asked. 

“He wants to talk to us and maybe do a trade to get Evelyn back” Optimus replied. I nodded then walked over to the computer. The screen was black, but after a couple of minutes it turned on and Megatron’s face came on it.

“I see that the medic finally decided to show up and I see that he also has the little human with him” Megatron said, looking at Layla. Layla coward back in my servo. I immediately wrapped my other servo around her to cover her from Megatron’s view. I let out a low growl.

“Cut the crap Megatron,” Arcee said.

“Yeah, where’s Evelyn?” I asked.

“Oh, She’s right here with me,” Megatron said. He then lifted his servo and we all gasped. I was glad I was covering Layla because if I was not then she would have seen what we are seeing. On the screen stood Megatron holding Evelyn who was bleeding from head to toe. She had scratched all over her body and I could tell that she has been crying because of how red her eyes were. I growled.

“Mommy?” I heard Layla asked. I still didn’t let her see. I couldn’t, not while she looked like this.

“Layla?” I heard Evelyn asked.

“What have you done?!” I yelled. I heard Megatron chuckled. He then put Layla down. 

“Now, Now. How about we get down to business?” Megatron asked.

“What do you want in exchange for Evelyn’s life?” Optimus asked. Megatron chuckled.

“I will trade her for your medic or you could give me the little human that I have been seeking for” he said.

“No! Don’t do it! I will be okay, but don’t it!” I heard Evelyn yell.

“There must be another way, Megatron,” Optimus said.

“There’s no other way,” Megatron replied.

“I will let you guys decide then call me when you have an answer” Megatron said, hanging up. It was silent after Megatron hung up.

“What are we going to do, Optimus?” Arcee asked.

“I’m going with him,” I said.

“Ratchet, are you sure about this?” Bulkhead asked. I nodded.

“I will trade myself for Evelyn” I said.

“No! Don’t do it, Daddy!” Layla yelled. We all looked down at her. She was looking at me with teary eyes.

“I don’t want to lose you. I don’t want to be alone” she said.

“You will not be alone. You will have your Mother with you” I said.

“But I will lose you. They will hurt you if you go with them” Layla said. 

“If it means bringing your Mother back then I don’t care” I said.

“No! No! No! There must be another way!” Layla yelled.

“There’s no other way, Layla,” I said.