Chapter 6 Trouble Right Around The Corner

Evelyn POV

We continued to have fun at the beach with each other, until it got late and we had to go back home. I changed Layla back into some warm clothes because it got really cold. I also change back into a pair of warm clothes. We ate before leaving the beach. Layla had fallen asleep on Ratchet’s arms and he carried her back to the car. I got on the passenger seat while he sat in the driver’s seat with Layla, who didn’t let him go and was attached to him like a koala. We immediately drove back home.

“Thank you,” I said.

“Huh?” he asked.

“Thank you for today. It was really fun. It made Layla happy,” I said. He nodded.

“No problem,” he replied.

Finally, we were back home. I took Layla to her room then walked back down for a night coffee. I had school tomorrow so I needed to go to sleep, but I just had so much energy. 

“Why are you still up?” I heard Ratchet asked.

“Huh?” I replied and I looked up. I saw Ratchet walk in. He served himself a cup of coffee.

“I’m not tired,” I replied.

“Mmm,” he replied.

We stayed quiet after that. It was not an awkward silence, but a nice kind of silence. I was the one to break the silence after I had enough courage to talk.

“Thank you,” I said.

“For?” he asked.

“For saving me back at the beach. If you hadn’t showed up at that time then I don’t know what would happen with me. I… I was... I was really scared back there, but then you showed up and saved me,” I began then took a deep breath before continuing.

“I didn’t trust you at first becaue you had been the person that rape me and I was scare to be around you, but now, I’m no longer scare of you. I also didn’t like you being around Layla, but after seeing Layla happy around you, it made me happy. So, I want you to know that I forgive and hope we could start all over again” I said.

“Sure,” he said. I smile before standing up.

“I’m gonna go to sleep,” I said. 

I then walked over to him and without thinking I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Goodnight,” I said. I immediately ran to my room with a blush on my face when I realized what I had done. I then stopped when I heard a ‘Goodnight’ from him. I smile before leaving for my room.

Ratchet POV

I immediately blushed when Evelyn kissed me. I saw her immediately run up the stairs with a blush on her face.

“Goodnight,” I said.

I immediately cover my face with a hand, trying to cover the blush on my face. I was blushing so much. I don’t know why, but something about Evelyn made my insides swirled in circles. I don’t know why I felt this way whenever I saw her and even at the beach when I saw her in that swimsuit. I felt my face immediately heat up. 

I don’t know why, but she didn’t look pretty in that swimsuit. 

‘She looked sexy’ 

“Urg!” I yelled.

‘What am I thinking? Why do I feel like this? What’s going?’ I thought.

‘It’s because you like her’

“What?” I asked.

‘You like her’

I kept hearing this little voice in my head telling me that I like Evelyn.