Chapter 5 The Other Side Of Him

Evelyn POV

While Layla spent some time with Ratchet in the living room, I went back to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"What's this?" I heard Layla asked.

I entered the living room and saw her pointing at the Autobot symbol in Ratchet's shirt.

"This symbol represents the side that I'm in," Ratchet replied.

"What is that?" she asked.

"I'm on the Autobots side," Ratchet replied.

"Cool," Layla said. I smile.

"Breakfast ready," I announced.

"Yeah, breakfast!" Layla yelled.

She was about to jump down from Ratchet's lap, but Ratchet stood up with her in his arms. She looked at him with a confused face before smiling. He then took her to the dining room. He put her on the high chair before sitting down next to her. I served the plates and sat on the other side of Layla. I watched Layla eating really fast, making a mess.

"Slow down, dear. You're making a mess," I told Layla, using a napkin to clean her face.

"Sorry, Mommy," she replied. I smile. Just then, I notice Ratchet looking at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied.

'Weirdo,' I thought.

We finish breakfast. I washed the dishes then walked to the living room.

"Mmm... Are we going back to base?" I asked.

"Optimus called. He told me to take the day off and spend some time with you two," he said. I nodded.

"So... What do you want to do?" he asked.

"Can we go to the beach!" Layla yelled.

"Huh? The beach?" I asked.

"Yes!" she yelled with a smile.

"Mmm... I don't know," I said.

I was really not sure if this was a good idea.

"Please! Pretty please with a cherry on top!" she said. She then gave us both puppy eyes.

"Sure," I heard Ratchet say.

"What?" I asked.

"I said sure we could go," he said.

"Yeah!" Layla yelled.

She immediately ran to her room.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied.

"But you do know that the beach's an hour from here, right?" I asked.

"I know, and I still accept to take you both there," he replied.

"Fine with me," I said.

I went to my room and packed my stuff, then walked to Layla's room and helped her pack her stuff.

"Hurry, Mommy!" Layla yelled.

"I'm going, dear," I said.

I grabbed our stuff before walking downstairs with them. I was about to take the thing outside, but Ratchet beat me to it.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Helping," he replied.

I rolled my eyes before grabbing my purse, then picked Layla and took her outside, but not before locking the door. I opened the passenger's door and got in. I put my seat belt around me and sat Layla in my lap. Ratchet's human hologram appeared inside the ambulance, and he began to drive.