chapter 3

Follow me on Instagram for updates: @sam_shelly_

https://instagram.com/sam_shelly_?igshid=NzZlODBkYWE4Ng==
______________________________________

I felt some movement in the background. More werewolves. I recognized immediately. It was getting clearer with every second. The continuous thudding of paws against the wet soil. In a few seconds they stopped behind me. I heard a few bones breaking knowing that they all shifted back.
  The girl, whose name I still don't know moved away from me to have a view of what was happening. I was yet to see who were these people who were facing my back for now.

" Jacob!" She exclaimed happily before getting up and throwing herself at what I'm guessing was her mate's . I smiled lightly knowing everything's alright.

"Oh my God ! Haley !Are you crazy ! You know what could have happened to you? Do you realize what could have happened to me if something would have happened to you? Never do that again. I swear. Never Haley! Never!"  Her mate exclaimed in worry. It looked as if he was going to cry any moment now. Well good thing he isn't. But all this while I felt someone's eyes on me and I was a little restless. My wolf was itching to come out.

What are you doing. Do you want to blow up our cover? Stay put. I scolded her while she whimpered.

" Oh Jacob. I am so sorry. I should have informed you before leaving.  But you need to thank her!" She pointed at my back,  "She's the one who saved me. " Haley broke the news. I sighed knowing it was my cue to finally get up and face them.

Getting up slowly, I turned around to finally face them.

"Oh I didn't technically save her. I just um..kind of stayed with her till she got up..." I trailed.

"Thank you so much for even staying with her. You don't know how thankful I am. She would have been hella scared when she would have gotten up to find herself alone." Jacob stated with relief.

"That's not a problem." I smiled lightly.
  " But if you don't mind me asking how did you take these wolves down down alone? " Jacob questioned.

  "Oh I didn't. They were already dead before I came here. Someone would have killed them." I lied casually. I just hope they buy that lie. They looked at me curiously but let it slip.

"She told me her friend is a werewolf so she knows about us," Haley added explaining further that I am indeed a human.

Now that I looked properly, they were four wolves exactly. One was Jacob and with the little aura around him I guessed he has some important rank in the pack. He was a fine man with dirty blonde hair and a nice body.

Next to him was another one with Ash grey hair and he was quite a handsome man screaming power.  A beta I'm guessing.

Behind them was one of their warriors I think. But there was one who who had taken the chance to move behind me while I was busy with the conversation with Haley and Jacob. That person was the reason for my nervousness that I was feeling uptil now. I could feel his hard gaze piercing holes through my body and slight shivered at the sensation. I don't know why but there was immense power and an aura radiating from him. Something I've never felt before. Not even from an alpha.

I don't know why but I couldn't find it in myself to turn around and look at him.Why was I acting this way? I've never been scared. Even now I wasn't. It was just this wierd feeling that had spread throughout my body and was causing my wolf to come out but I kept her at bay. Not wanting to be questioned anymore I decided its best if I get out of here now.
  "I guess I'll keep going then. Goodbye."
   Just as I turned around to go back , I came in view with a chest. A man's chest to be precise. And boy was it a sight to see. Perfectly built with muscles  right on spot and abs glistening.
"Umm..." Was the only thing that came out of my mouth while I slowly moved my gaze up from his body to his face. Just then my eyes landed on his blue orbs that held me captive for a few minutes. What the hell was happening to me ? I questioned myself. I observed him while he was looking directly in my eyes with some emotion I couldn't decipher.

Why is he so handsome? I mean God his face! His perfectly sharp jawline ready to slice anything! His jet black hair slightly ruffled! I've seen some handsome men before but I've never felt like this. So intimidated or nervous. He definitely topped the other three men that were now standing behind me in looks.

Before I knew what was happening, I saw him stretching his hand towards my face. Slowly and cautiously he placed it on my cheek and very gently cupped my face while gently running soothing circles on it with his thumb.

As soon as his hand made contact with my skin I felt electricity jolt up my body. Sparks. Literal Sparks was what I felt.
   God what is he doing ? Is he some kind of a magician or something that has me under a spell? He looked at me with adoration? Why? I finally decided that I had enough! I need to get out of here. Just as I was about to make a move he said one thing that made shivers ran down my body.

" Mate!"

"What ?" I whispered almost breathlessly.

" Mate." He said once more with a bright smile on his face.

No! It can't be!

Ok now I get what was happening. I found my mate? How the hell did he recognize my scent? I made sure to hide it! I thought, more like questioned myself.
--------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys 👋 do comment and let me know if u are liking it so far or not. Pls vote as well.