Revisiting The Past

"So, about what happened at the tree, what happened?" Wyatt asked as we walked.

"Flashbacks" I muttered.

"Flashbacks of what?" Wyatt questioned.

"Flashbacks of something I told you about, I just didn't tell you everything" I responded, speeding up my pace until I was almost jogging. Wyatt kept pace with me and interlaced his fingers with mine.

"What didn't you tell me?" Wyatt asked, glancing over at me with worry in his eyes. I sighed.

"Remember how I told you about what happened to Ezekiel?" I inquired.

"Yes, what didn't you tell me?" Wyatt replied. I took a deep breath, debating if I should tell him or not in my head. After a few moments, I decided to trust him.

"I didn't tell you that I got bit too, it took a lot to bring Ezekiel back, but I almost didn't. I was so close to killing my family just because Anubis told me too. I guess I suppressed the memory or something, seeing Anubis must have brought the memory to the surface, maybe even brought out any wolf traits that were only dormant after last time" I explained, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed of, you didn't have any control over your actions, right?" Wyatt tried to comfort me.

"Yeah but to feel your control slipping away, it's the most terrifying thing in the world, and I've faced a lot of terrifying things, but nothing comes even close to that" I protested. Wyatt stopped suddenly, causing me to stop as well. He pulled me towards him and wrapped his arms around me. I froze for a moment before leaning into his touch. He used his thumb to rub small circles on my right shoulder, brushing over the scars that were left from the bite. We stood there for a few more minutes before I wiggled out of Wyatt's grip.

"We should get going" I said, starting once again towards my apartment. Once he caught up Wyatt fell into step next to me, a smile on his face as I slipped my hand into his.