Parties & Jealousy

Y/N POV

  "I need a drink." You hear Sara, your girlfriend, groan from behind you.

"Sara, we just got here." You mumble, a small smile on her face as you turn to look at her, grabbing her hand and pulling her further into the party the pair of your just arrived at. When Rip had informed you that you and Sara needed to go undercover at a fancy party, you jumped at the excuse to dress up nicely and spend some quality time with your girlfriend, even if you guys were still technically working.

You notice the waitress holding the tray of champagne almost from a little way in front of you, so when she passes you grab two flutes, smiling at her as thanks before turning and handing a glass to Sara.

"C'mon y/n, I asked for a drink, this is basically water." She grumbles, downing the whole drink anyway. You giggle as you roll your eyes, shaking your head softly as you look at her.

"Sara, it's 1922, we're at a high-end party and there's not a bar in sight. This is as close to alcohol that you're getting." She rolls your eyes at your reply, before pulling you towards her by the waist as she kisses you passionately.

That was one of the things you loved about her. She never held back. It didn't matter where you were, or what you were doing, if she wanted you, she was going to let you know, and she very rarely used her words. It made you feel loved.

"I, am going to sneak around and find something other than this." She mumbles to you once she pulls away, holding up the empty champagne flute. When you nod, kissing her on the cheek quickly, she walks away but not before pinching your butt through your dress and winking at you.

She hadn't been gone long when it happened. You had found a seat to sit on while you waited for her to get back, your fingers aimlessly running along the rim of the glass in your hand. You were fine, better than fine actually until a guy who looked a few years older than you sat down and started flirting with you.

It hadn't started out as flirting. At first, he was just jokingly complaining about the party, how there should've been an open bar, and how the suit he was forced to wear by his father. It was like that for a while, the two of you have a friendly chat until he began to compliment you. The first time you just thought it was sweet, your confidence getting to you because you knew you looked good. Sara had definitely assured you of that.

Then he wouldn't stop, but you really didn't mind. You were blowing him off, giving him every hint that you were not interested in him, even actually saying it at one point, but he didn't give up. He kept flirting, scooting closer. He raised his hand to set it on your thigh, you obviously didn't notice, not even making eye contact with the guy at this point, your eyes just scanning the room for your girlfriend.

Sara noticed though. She noticed his hand the moment she was close enough to see you sitting there. You didn't see her walking up, didn't even notice her till she was right in front of you, but as you opened your mouth to speak, thank her for coming to your rescue, she was in your lap, her lips on yours. You could feel the jealously coursing through her from the way she kissed you, hard, relentless. Every time you tried to pull away to speak she would just pull you back in.

She didn't stop until the guy got up and left, which was longer than you thought. He was sitting there watching for quite a bit. You shrugged it off though, focusing more on the kiss than the creepy dude that was flirting with you. When Sara finally pulls away, both of you are gasping for air.

"Thanks." You pant, looking up into her blue eyes. She smirks before raising her hand into your line of vision, an unlabeled bottle of what you assumed to be whiskey. You laugh, pulling her into another quick kiss before reaching behind you to grab your empty champagne flute, smiling cheesily as you hold it up, watching as the brown liquid fills the fancy glassware.

"Let's get this party started." She mumbles, drinking the whole flute in one gulp, before kissing you again, pulling you from the couch and onto the dance floor. She pulls you close as you dance, occasionally leaning down to place chaste kisses on your neck and jaw.

"Jeez, I should let you be more jealous if this is what comes from it." You mumble, giggling as her hair falls from behind her ear and tickles your face.

"Just wait till we get back on the Waverider." Your eyes widen slightly at her words, before smirking yourself and winking at her.

"I'm looking forward to it." You smile, leaning down and kissing her quickly, not letting it evolve into anything more.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------