Nerf Wars:

You turn a corner, cautiously, looking around for any sight of blonde hair. You walk slowly, making sure to look around just in case a certain blonde was hiding somewhere. You walk into the library where Zari sits, a book in hand. You stare at her suspiciously and she looks up.

"If you're looking for Sara," she says. "Don't tell her I told you but she's either hiding on the bridge or in her 'office'."

You smile at her before saying," Thank you, Z."

"Whatever just don't bring me into your weird Nerf battles."

You nod before walking out and heading towards the bridge. You walk onto the bridge and look around before taking a few steps forward. You spot a lock of blonde hair hiding behind the control console. You walk towards her, your Nerf gun ready to shoot. You take a deep breath before walking around the other side of the console.

In a quick second, Sara turns around and shoots you square in the chest three times. You're caught off guard and you press the trigger of your Nerf gun. A single dart hits Sara in the arm while the rest miss. She smirks as you lower your weapon.

"I win," Sara says. She grabs your gun and places it on top of the control console, her own gun next to yours. "How did you even know I was sneaking up on you?" you ask.

"I was in the League of Assassins, babe. I was trained to know when someone is sneaking up on me," she replies.

Your eyes widen in realization and you exclaim," You were working with Zari!"

"Yeah, that too."

You cross your arms and she raises an eyebrow at you. "That is cheating, Captain Lance." She takes a step towards you. "And your point is?"

"It's not fair," you say. "You already have the advantage, cheating just makes it worse for me." You pout and Sara chuckles. She places a hand on your cheek and she pulls you in for a kiss.

"If you think I'm going to let you off the hook just because you kissed me," you say as you pull away. "You are wrong."

"Fine," Sara groans. "We'll have a rematch, no cheating this time."

You smile and grab your gun. "I'll beat you fair and square this time," you say.

Sara scoffs before saying," In your dreams, sweetheart."

"In my dreams, we do very different things," you mumble. Sara rolls her eyes at you before grabbing her gun. "Five minutes to go our separate ways and then we start."

She walks away and you say," Gideon. Start the clock, please."

"Right away Ms. (Y/L/N)."

You walk in the direction of the Medbay, trying to come up with a strategy. Sara had better reflexes than you because of her years with the League so winning wasn't going to be so easy. You were determined to win nonetheless. You walk into the Medbay and press your back against the wall.

"The five minutes are up, Captain Lance."

"Ouch, Gideon."

"And Ms. (Y/L/N)."

You smile at the AI's voice. "Thank you."

You stay in your spot for a few minutes before gathering the courage to move around. You start walking in the direction of the Timeship. You look around and spot blonde hair walking around the corner. You smile to yourself and walk quietly after her.

You raise your gun and aim at her back. You pull the trigger and a dart flies through the air before hitting her back. You laugh and pull the trigger two more times before she turns. "Got you, Captain Lance."

She sighs before raising her arms in defeat. "Alright, you win." You smile and walk towards her. You take her gun and place it on the ground along with yours.

"Sweet, sweet victory," you say.

She laughs as you grab her hands and move them back to her sides. She pulls you forward and you kiss her. You pull away and stare at her for a few moments.

"I love you," you say softly.

"I love you too." She kisses you once more. "Now let's go eat and then we're having a rematch."

"You want me to beat you again?" you tease.

"Very funny, (Y/N). I'll beat you next time."

"Just try not to cheat anymore, babe."

"Can't make any promises."