Mammon x Reader ~ Needing a Hug

Mammon would never admit it, but he loves your hugs. If something good happens, he expects a warm hug from you.

One day, Mammon came up to you with great news that he had gained some Grimm from modeling and wanted to take you out. You, however, instead of hugging him gave him a weak smile. You continued home leaving Mammon confused. He shouts your name but it just makes you walk faster, confusing Mammon more.

As soon as you were back at the House of Lamentation you immediately shut yourself in your room. Mammon had followed you, but just stood outside the door not knowing what to do.

"Mammon? What's wrong?" Beel asks him carrying a bunch of food back to his room.
"Y/N is acting weird." Mammon replies, frowning.
"Weird? Are they hungry?" Beel looks down at his food wondering if he has to share.
"No, they're just sad. They wouldn't give me a hug." Mammon sulks.
"Then maybe you should give them a hug Mammon. That's what I would do, and so would Belphie." Beel continues down the hall and Mammon knocks on your door.

"Y/N? May I come in?" Mammon asks.
"Sure..." you reply.
Mammon opens the door to find you huddled in the corner of your bed, on the verge of crying.
"Y/N, what's wrong?" Mammon asks, showing genuine concern.
"I didn't get a good score on a paper in our history class, and I don't know how to face Lucifer." You sob.
"Y/N... I always do awful on every paper I do!" Mammon replies.
"Yes, but what if he gets mad at me?" You ask.
"Then... I guess I will have to protect you then." Mammon replies.

Taking a deep breath, Mammon suddenly pulls you forward into an embrace.

You giggle, and hug him back.
"Thank you, Mammon." You smile.

Later, you told Lucifer what happened and he just chuckled and told you to prepare yourself for a lecture.

After three hours, you finally managed to get out of Lucifer's room and Mammon was waiting for you.

He hugged you again.