Dakota- Fitting In

---- 3rd POV ----

"Ugh, useless! None of these textbooks say where the moonstone is hidden."

"Win the wolves' vote, win the election: easy."

I had left the library to go find Zed and Eliza only to find them approaching the wolves. I was nervous for this interaction, mainly because I had no idea about what could down. I wanted to be there in case I needed to step in and stop something.

"Hello wolves, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Zed, zombie, football star, presidential hopeful."

The group had looked at Zed as though he had just grown a third head. My heart started to start beating faster just a tiny bit.

"When zombies first came to Seabrook, zombies were outsiders too. Which is why you need a great president like Zed to represent you. We'd be honored if you guys joined us."

"Our pack is our pack. We don't need anyone else." 

"Well, we might be the connection between something you want that you don't have the resources to get. Wouldn't be nice to have friends to get you something you want that you couldn't get on your own?"

The wolves stared at me, well not me necessarily, but rather my hair. They were probably weirded out by some sort of knock-off Elsa talking to them and I would be to. They took a pause before their leader started talking to Zed again.

"We're nothing like you zombies."

"You sort of are. Your necklaces are powered, right? Kind of like an organic Z-band."

"You're smarter than he looks."

"The necklace keeps you from fully wolfing out, right?"

"The opposite. Our moonstones make us our true wolf selves."

"So without it, you'd be human?"

"No, we'd die.  We'd be nothing."

"Imagine how alive you'd be if you didn't have to tamp things down. Hold back your true selves."

"Actually, I've got this theory that zombies have evolved beyond their needs for Z-bands."

"Z-bands are great! They help you fit in. And I think you guys would have a much better time at Seabrook if you just followed in our footsteps. Join a club, play football. I'll even teach you how to tackle."

The wolves appeared to not be having it. They all looked at me before the ran off. I ran over to Zed and Eliza and we ran back to school.

"Yeah, that went badly. No way is Zed getting the wolves' vote."

We had walking around school talking about Zed's poll numbers when we came across a publicity shot of Zed that made him look almost human, showing almost no qualities of Zed being zombie.

"Yeah I look a little human, but that's because people are lumping werewolves and zombies together."

"I mean, is that so bad? Sure the werewolves are a little rough around the edges, but you're both monsters. Reclaim the word 'monster' and use it to your advantage. Something like, 'Be Yourself. Be Unique. Be a Monster.'" (A/N: Yes, I stole this from Monster High lmaoo). He seemed to take this into consideration before shaking his head.