Dakota- Distance

As we were returning to the forest, we felt very sudden, harsh vibrations. We ran to the mountain where we could clearly see Seabrook Power exploding to bits. We looked at one another before racing down to the building. If what we saw was true, that means the moonstone is gone for good and with that comes our demise. We reached Seabrook Power before we all started coughing violently and tears came to my eyes.

Wanting to spend our final hours together, we retreated to the den to care for one another for the minimal time we had left. Coughing left and right could be heard echoing throughout the den and it was heartbreaking to hear. Though I've been Alpha for a small time, it hurt to see my family about to die soon. Then, I saw Zed enter the den looking kind of frantic.

"They were wrong to destroy Seabrook Power."

"Well no shit."

Zed looked at me and I gave a look of guilt.

"Sorry, I'm just snappy right now."

He nodded in understanding at the situation and what's at stake right now.

"I was wrong about werewolves. You have every right to fight for who you are."

"Yeah, but what are we now zombie?"

"You're fierce, proud werewolves."

"Yeah, fierce, proud werewolves who are now on the brink of death."

Everyone looked at me again.

"Again, snappy."

"Yeah? Well, they think we're monsters."

Willa had a point; even though we showed that we weren't monsters, the anti-monster laws were still in effect, demonstrating that the human population of Seabrook still believed we were monsters.

"We are monsters. As your Alpha once said, 'Be Yourself. Be Unique. Be a Monster.'"

Zed looked over at me and I started laughing. I didn't think he would've remembered me saying that but at a time like this, it was important.

We arrived at the Prawn dressed up just as well as the humans at Seabrook High. Walking towards the door, I could see Bucky standing there wide-eyed to see werewolves and zombies walking together.

"It's zombies."

"And werewolves."

"In formal wear?"

"They look good."

"You guys can't be here, there's laws against this."

"Really Bucky? Even against me, your own cousin? Have you stooped so low that you don't even acknowledge me as family? I want to spend my last hours with my family at a dance that I have been looking forward to since I was a kid. Are you really going to strip me of that? Even before my death?"

Bucky's eyes softened; no matter how self-centered and cocky he was, Bucky was still my cousin, and family never betrays family.

"Yeah, well, bad laws are made to be broken."

"And monsters don't follow rules."

"Zombies are apart of Seabrook Bucky, and we deserve to be here."

"We're apart of Seabrook to, the originals in fact."

"Someone's got to stop you."

Bucky ran towards the alarm but I gave a look to Willa who flashed her fangs at him.