Dakota-Lost

Waking up that morning was one of the most awkwardest things I had ever experienced. Addison and I went to breakfast with the outfits fitted to us from the wolves and our parents hadn't even the slightest reaction to the outfits.

"So..new look?"

"I like it. My new friends like it."

"Did you join a....a rock band?"

It was funny to watch this interaction between my parents and Addison;  my parents did't have a reaction as the time when we revealed our hair to Seabrook. After  that, we ran to school because we were almost late and, I hate being late. Upon getting there,  we learnt hat there's going to be an assembly for the candidates for student president. Honestly, how much of an ego boost do these people really need? Walking into Seabrook was a other thing; no one had ever seen "one of its own" 'switch' from the formal, pastel clothing that this town usually wears.

"Woah, bad hair day?"

Of course, the day wouldn't be complete by some snarky comment from the Acey's.

"Woah, still being brainless and not the cheer captain?"

Their eyes grew wide; they had never expected me to stand up to them because of the whole "social patriarchy' that Seabrook had going on. But, as the wolves had taught me, I wasn't going to be mute anymore.

"Addison, if you ever expect to be cheer captain-"

"Maybe I don't. Maybe cheer team isn't for me after all."

They gasped dramatically; In Seabrook, once you have 'your thing,' it's extremely hard to let go of it.

"Addison. Addison! I was up all night thinking- there's no way you can be a werewolf. You can't be."

"But I love moonlight strolls."

"Yeah, you like sunsets to but that doesn't mean you're a vampire."

"Zed.."

"Addison, it's really hard to be considered a monster. Trust me."

"All I ever wanted is to find my pack, and now I've finally have."

Addison opens the case containing the necklace and my heart started pumping. A small part of me hoped that Addison wasn't the Great Alpha, but that I was. She had always gotten everything, even without knowing it, and it was my turn to shine. Hopefully.

"When we see the wolves, we're going to put this on."

"And I'm really sorry we're not going to the debate, but we need to find the wolves."

She hugs Zed before walking away.  She almost left the necklace behind before running back. As we looked around for the wolves, I got lost in my thoughts again.

---- 3rd POV ----

"Alright, we don't have much time. This is how we sabotage the demolition."

"It's my responsibility to make sure we're all safe. We follow my lead."

"It's a good plan Willa."

"What plan?"

Addison and I managed to find them, but not before interrupting what seems like an important conversation. I felt like this was a conversation we weren't supposed to be a part of but Addison wormed her way into it.

"We're going after the moonstone. Top secret, you can't tell anyone."

"You're going after the moonstone now?"

"Well, based on the conversation we interrupted, two and two put together and it probably was a rescue plane for the moonstone."

Everyone looked at me before cracking small smiles. I'm glad I could ease some tension.

"It won't survive the detonation."

"Let us join you. We're ready to become wolves."

"If you guys really are ones."

Addison was holding the box that contained the priceless necklace before showing the empty box.

"It's gone."

This time, the dramatic gasp came from me. I've waited a useless day for this moment where I could finally find the place where I belonged and my one chance was missing. Of course I was livid.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Everyone looked at me in surprise. No one had heard me say more than 3 sentences, and now they can hear me curse. With this brief pause, I was able to create an explanation as to where the necklace possibly was.

"Addison!"

"What?"

"The necklace. I know where it is."

"What? Where?"

"Who has been against us becoming wolves the entire time? Who has been against the wolves since they first got here? Who was the last person to hold the box, not even the necklace itself?"

Her eyes widened as the person she thought was the last person she thought would ever betray her.

"Zed."

"You got your speech?"

Zed rummaged around his jacket for a second before pulling out his speech, along with the moonstone that Addison and Dakota had been searching for.

"Addison and Dakota's necklace?"

"I took it. I can't let either of them become werewolves. I have to protect them."

"All of this, becoming president; it's for her."

"No Zed, this is bigger than that. Okay? This is for you, for me, for zombies everywhere. This is more important than anything else. Look, we'll deal with this later. Just become president. That's what zombies need."

After Zed's side of the debate, the moonstone had touched Zed's Z-band, destroying it and its protective properties. It caused him to hulk-out again, effectively destroying his charming reputation and all trust established between him and the student body.

"Yeah, you lost election, but you lost yourself first."

"We triggered the alarm, hurry!"

The wolves had unsuccessfully snuck in into Seabrook Power. The system had flashed lights onto them, allowing them to be identified as the wolves.

"Wolves!"

It looked like the wolves were ready to go war. And it wasn't gonna be pretty.