Dakota- Great Alpha

I was hiding in my special corner of the library. It was where I always went when I needed to clear my head and I really needed it now. There were so many things I had to think about: What did Will mean when she said, 'Where's the moonstone, white hair?' What did Wyatt mean when he called Addison and I leaders? Why did I feel connected to Wyatt? Why was I always second best to my sister? There were so many ideas and questions floating around in my head I hadn't registered that someone sat next to me. It hadn't sunk in until the person started tapping me. I looked up and it was Wyatt.

"Um..what are you doing here?"

"Dakota, what you said back there really resonated with me. And it's true, I was having a weird moment with your sister. But, I'm not attracted to her. I'm attracted to someone else."

I hadn't been looking at him during his speech, but that last part caught my attention. Someone I was interested in finally wasn't interested in my sister?

"Listen, if you're who I think you are, I need you to be home tonight. I want to show you and Addison something."

I looked at Wyatt, I mean really looked at him and in that moment, I truly trusted him. So, I agreed and waited for tonight. I didn't belong anywhere and I wanted to know who I was.

-- At Home--

Addison and I were in her room working on chemistry homework because that was my easiest subject and she needed the extra help. We were sitting there when we heard scrapes and growls coming from outside.

"Zed?"

Apparently, they had a lover's spat and she thought it was him waiting to apologize to her. I went with her because now I had become interested in this whole situation. She opened the door and saw that there was no one outside but when she looked at the door, there were five long scratch marks on the door. She stepped outside while I took her place by the door and we saw the wolves standing there with Willa.

"Come with us."

"Why? What's so important?"

"You guys are."

We had been walking for a while now before Addison spoke up.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a wolf secret; if we told you, we would have to kill you."

"Too much? Too much."

My heart had started racing again; I grabbed the first hand I could, which happened to be Wyatt's and squeezed extremely hard. He looked over at me and saw how nervous I was and didn't let my hand go.  We saw Wynter start coughing again and I immediately went to hold her up for support. It was a minute before she was able to stand on her again.

"Everyday, more and more of our pack becomes sick because their moonstones lose their power. All of our elders are to sick to travel which means us taking care of the pack.  Follow us, please."

"This is the wolf den!"

"Wow..."

The place was illuminated in a beautiful blue with beautiful rock formations encompassing the walk way; ancient decorations littered the ceilings proving just how long the pack has been around. Addison had attempted to howl like the wolves but just kept messing up. I, on the other hand, was just in awe of the place that I couldn't even speak. 

"Enough! This isn't why we brought them here."

"Why were we brought here?"

Wyatt pulls out a stone which shows us an image of a woman with white hair, just like us.

"I believe one of you will lead us to the moonstone."

Everyone was celebrating at the thought of the Great Alpha could be here and I was in love with the energy (imagine Addison's outfit but with thick fur cuffs on both of Dakota's hands and white space buns like Wynter's). But that came crashing down when Zed came in threatening to take his Z-band off.

"Don't make me take this off; you don't want to see me zombie out."

Zed's band came off and suddenly he started hulking out. This was a threat to everyone in the den and Will had the wolves ready for a fight. Addison ran to Zed and put his Z-band on before he had hurt anyone else.

"We thought you needed help; you sent the word 'help.'"

"Yeah, with the chemistry homework. Didn't you see the beaker emoji?"

Bree looked down at her phone and finally saw the emoji.

"Oh, well, I love the new look. Cool hair."

"Werewolves know hair."

"And manicures."

"They think that Dakota and I could be wolves."

"What? How?"

"It could be a grandparent; our white hair means something. We could've found our pack."

"For centuries, this has been set aside for the Great Alpha."

Willa shows us a beautiful necklace with a large moonstone on it.

"A fully charged moonstone is priceless to our people."

"Addison and Dakota,  if you're truly one of us, when you put it on you'll be transformed into a werewolf. You'll become part of our pack, forever."

"What? No, wait."

Addison looks at Zed then back at me. I give a subtle nod before she turns back to Willa.

"Can we think about it?"

Willa looks toward Wynter and Wyatt before turning back to Addison and I.

"For a day."

"Once one of you have joined us, you can lead us to the hidden moonstone."

"She doesn't know where it is."

Suddenly, the entire den started shaking like an earthquake. Everyone started running towards the exit. Once we were all out safe, we saw Seabrook Power lighting up like crazy. 

"But it does concern you Willa. Seabrook Power is powered by a mysterious energy source. That could be your moonstone, right?"

"She found the moonstone. She's amazing."

Wyatt looked over at me and at that moment, I had never felt more connected to another human being in my life. 

"We need to stop them from destroying the moonstone, no matter what it takes."