Crushed

Start writing your story

Angélic POV

She laid awake and worried. Sebastian had left over three hours ago. It was now 5am. She could not decide whether he had gone to confront Peter or gone to be his normal adulter self. 

She was startled by the door opening and closing. Angélic closed her eyes and did her best to pretend to be asleep. 

"I know you're awake."

"I am." she sat up in the bed.

"Why are you awake?" his tone sharpened.

"Too many thoughts I guess."

"What could you possibly be thinking about?"

"I was very happy to see Peter today. I haven't seen him in years. I really wanted the both of you to get along. It would have been nice to see you two become friends." she lied. Well.... half lied.

"I would never become friends with someone you associate with. He is an imbecile and a rat." he raised his voice.

"He is a talented man and has a big heart. He cares about me. Which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about you." Angélic snapped.

"I must be hearing things because I think I just heard you smart mouth me. You know your rules." he said in an alarmingly calm voice as he walked towards Angélic.

She backed up off the bed and was corner to the wall. She knew he was angry. She had crossed a line. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" she cried.