Scene 12: Irene's Dimension (POV: Irene)

Gasping desperately for air, I rose above the surface of the lake.

The water was freezing, and I shivered slightly.

Then something reached out to me.

I sensed something.

To the left of me, I saw a patch of wilting grass, obviously tainted by some unknown force.

I could feel it hurting.

I swam through the clear water to it, and hauled myself up onto the ground beside it.

Then tentatively, I reached forward.

The grass blades trembled beneath me.

With a surprise, I jerked back.

I felt the feelings of the grass...

I felt it hurting, I felt it wanting help...

I looked across the lake, and wondered, that maybe what I was missing is just a little bit of alone time to myself.

Three days later

With a jerk of my hand, I brought my relic up.

Power surged through me, through the tiny object in my hand.

I felt the bonds of this world breaking, tearing through, one tiny spot, that would act like a portal.

Light shone through that one spot, creaking apart.

Blinding whiteness was beyond.

But I know that was not all that was there.

I had shaped it with my own powers, and I knew every inch of the new world.

Taking a deep breath, I stepped forward into the tear in the air.

It trembled and I took another step.

"Goodbye... This world."

With a new bound in my step, I let light engulf me while I transported to a new dimension.

"Irene's Dimension," I smiled.

"One minute here... will cause one year to pass in the other dimension."

I can finally have my peace."

Background info: All of the Divine Warriors had died and not yet reincarnated, besides Shad and Irene herself, who remained because they were "needed" in this world. Irene created her own dimension to help cope with the pain of losing the people she loved, and to help regain her emotion. Because 1 minute = 1 year, this caused many mortals to believe Irene had left the world.