▪️Chapter 3▪️Secrets Revealed▪️

[3rd Person POV | 6:30 AM]

Jungkook inhaled and exhaled, preparing himself to reveal his secret to his Hyungs. He carefully got off Taehyung's lap and got himself comfortable.

"I-I've been keeping something a secret from you guys for years now... A-and I'm s-sorry..." Jungkook started, fiddling with his fingers. Namjoon gently held Jungkook's hand and gave him a reassuring smile. Jungkook took another deep breath and continued.

"I lied, I lied about everything... I wasn't encouraged by my 'loving' parents to go and audition for Big Hit. I ran away... I lived in an orphanage. My Mother died when I was 12, making my Father insane. He would always abuse me and take his anger out on me... He'd call me a burden... Annoying brat... Disgrace... I still have scars from my cuts and scratches I got from him. My Father is a scientist, when he became insane, he... Used me as a test subject." Tears welled up in Jungkook's eyes as he continued talking.

"One day, I was watching old videos of us, as a happy family... And on my 13th birthday... H-he just suddenly barged in my room a-and injected me with an unknown chemical..." Jungkook shuddered as tears flowed freely down his face from the traumatising memory. He felt a pair of arms wrap around him, their warmth comforting Jungkook.

"He s-stabbed the needle on my right wrist, l-leaving a scar. After a few days of unknown, excruciating pain on my back... The chemical my Father injected, left me with this..."

Jungkook shuffled out of Jimin's grip. He stood up and walked towards a big empty space in the middle of his room. His Hyungs looked at him puzzled but continued to watch. Jungkook closed his eyes, imagining himself with his wings that were now starting to grow out of his back. Once he finished, Jungkook slowly flapped his wings to relax them from being hidden for so long. He opened eyes and saw all his Hyungs staring at him in shock. No word was said. Jungkook started to cry, his wings wrapping around his trembling body.

"E-everyone in the school h-hated me. People would either be scared and distance themselves from me or they would call me a disgusting f-freak or m-mutant... I-I'm sorry if I look d-disgusting to you..." Jungkook stuttered out between his cries, "I-I'll leave now..." Jungkook proceeded to turn his back towards his Hyungs and grabbed the door knob. Just as he was about to open the door, he heard someone call his name.

"Wait!! Jungkook-ah!!" Jin leapt off the bed, grabbing Jungkook's arm. "Don't leave!! You ARE NOT disgusting, a freak, a brat or a burden in our eyes. We think that you are a beautiful maknae with wings of an Angel." Jungkook widened his eyes at his Hyung's statement as Yoongi and the others walked up to them.

"Jin Hyung is right kid."  Yoongi said, placing his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "You aren't disgusting. We know what your Father and students did was absolutely horrible. Especially on your birthday. We understand why you kept it a secret from us, if it happened to one of us, we would've also been terrified to reveal it to anyone as well."

Jungkook let go of the door knob as his Hyungs formed a group hug around him. He started to cry again, but not from sadness, but from happiness and gratitude that his Hyungs understand and still love him. But he still had one more question.

"M-my nightmare... My parents were there, including you Hyungs... But you guys despised me... You guys said that I was a burden and a brat... You guys also hated me because of my w-wings... You won't turn on me and hate me right..?" Jungkook timidly asked.

"Of course Jungkookie~ We will always love you and we will never hate you. We are proud of you for telling us about your rough childhood. We promise to make the rest of your life memorable and happy." Taehyung said with his famous boxy smile.

They eventually broke the group hug. Jin and Yoongi went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast as it was 7:30 AM, Namjoon stayed in his room as the kitchen was occupied by Jin and one step in there and he's dead. J-Hope walked up to Jungkook, smiling while wiping his tears away.

"You don't have to hide your wings and halo anymore. Hm? No wonder you had holes on some of your shirts." J-Hope asked. Jungkook nodded to his question.

"Maybe hide it around fans until you are comfortable enough to announce it."

"Yes, thank you Hyungs... Thank you for everything. Words can't express how grateful I am to have loving Hyungs like you!" Jungkook said, flashing his signature big bunny smile. The remaining Hyungs in the room cooed at the adorable sight.

"And we will make sure you always have the best birthdays you ever had!!!" Jimin exclaimed, happily skipping out of the door for breakfast.

Jungkook chuckled at his Hyung's playfulness. He folded up his wings on his back and walked out the door with his Hyungs.

"OKAY PEOPLE. GET YOUR BUTTS DOWN HERE AND EAT!!!" Jin shouted, making the rest of the members run as if their life depended on it. And it did. It was the start of another war.

"MY FOOD!!!" Taehyung screamed, " I CAN SMELL IT FROM HERE!!!"

"NOT IF I GET TO THE TABLE FIRST!!!" Namjoon yelled, smashing a couple of Jin's favourite decorative vases. "Ah crap. I'm screwed."

"NAMJOON-AH!! WHAT DID YOU JUST BREAK?!" Jin bellowed from the kitchen.

Jungkook laughed and ran along with his Hyungs. He doesn't have to keep a big secret from his Hyungs anymore. He doesn't have to endure any more pain from hiding his wings. He was able to tell them about his dark past. He was finally happy.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But not for long...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello! It's the author here! Hope you liked this chapter. Sorry if it was boring, I had a really bad writers block and it probably didn't come out as good as I thought. Don't worry, this isn't the end of the book. See ya next chapter!

Word Count: 1054 words

[UNEDITED]