▪️Outro▪️Wings▪️

[Jungkook POV]

I quietly groaned as I woke up, a bright light blinding my eyes. I squinted and could barely make out my surroundings, but I was able to recognise that I was in a hospital. I slowly sat up, silently wincing in pain in the process. As I was attempting to sit, Jin Hyung rushed in with a bag of food, putting it on the table.

"Yah! Don't sit up without Hyung's help, you're still injured." Jin Hyung said, making my bed in a position so I can sit comfortably and supports me as I sit up.

I sheepishly smiled as he gave me my food and asked how I was feeling.

"I'm okay I guess.. My body aches a little and I have a bit of a headache.. But what happened last night..?"

"Oh, you don't remember...? Your Father fell off the edge of the building. You dove after him, caught him and flew the rest of the way down. I don't know if you've noticed but your wing suddenly bent at an awkward angle... It's unfortunately broken.. And then you passed out.." Jin Hyung explained.

No wonder there was so much pain to my right before I fainted. I looked over and saw my wing, completely wrapped up in bandages. I quietly sighed when I heard Hyung say that I couldn't use it for about 3 weeks.

The rest of my band mates came in soon after with more bags of food. My tummy rumbled loudly. I honestly have no idea the last time I ate a full meal. But I'm definitely starving. We all came together in a group hug, happy that I was recovering quickly.

We were all chatting about what had happened the night before until the door knocked and my Father walked inside, with again, a bag with more food. My Hyungs politely greeted him and went out of the room. I'm glad they did, because I wanted to spend some time and talk with Father.

"How are you feeling Jungkook?" Father asked as he sat on my bed. He looks healthier now, he doesn't look like a messed up guy like from last night. He actually looks pretty handsome and like a bunny. I guess that's where I got my bunny looks from.

"I'm doing okay, just very hungry." I responded, flashing my bunny smile, making him chuckle.

Father reached out and held onto my hand. I missed his warmth. The room was silent for a few minutes until he began to speak.

"Jungkook.. I know this probably won't fix up anything, but I wanted to say that I'm sorry.. Sorry for not being there for you when you when your Mother died... Sorry for not being there when you were going through for teenage years.. Giving you these wings... I wish to go back in time so we could make up for the lost time, bond together as Father and Son... But..If you'll let me.. starting from now, we can spend as much time as we can together, moving on and forgetting that this ever happened.. Will you forgive me Jungkook..?"

I smiled and pulled him in for a hug. "It's okay Appa, I forgive you. And I don't mind about these wings now. I get to fly!" I gushed, making Father chuckle again.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a head stick out of the door, it was TaeTae Hyung.

"Are we allowed to come in now? We're hungryyyyyy!"

I smiled, "Yes Hyung, you can come in." Everyone burst in through the door, and we all happily and hungrily devoured all the food.

[Months Later | 2017 BTS Live Trilogy Episode III: The Wings Tour | 3rd Person POV]

Everyone was busy. The staff were rushing around, preparing BTS during their 5 minute break to perform their last song, Outro: Wings. Jungkook squirmed in his seat, nervous for what he was about to do later on in the performance.

"Aish Jungkook! Please stay still just for a bit!" The makeup Noona complained, Jimin overhearing the coversation.

"Mianhamnida Noona.." Jungkook quietly apologised, sitting still in his seat.

Once Jungkook stood up and was about to meet the others, Jimin quickly stood up and lightly grabbed him by the wrist and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry Kookie. I know you'll be able to do it. Whatever happens, your family, Hyungs and I will always be here for you. Fighting!"

Jungkook smiled back, "Thank you Hyung. Fighting!"

The two maknaes ran back to where the rest of their bandmates were and were lifted back onstage, met with cheering fans and the music blasting instantly. (You can play the video above if you haven't already.)

Take me to the sky~

Put your hands up to the sky
Yeah, if you feelin' the vibe
Uh, if  you're ready to fly
Yo J, let's do it

I remember my childhood
Because I had no big worries
I knew these small feathers would become wings
I knew the wings would make me fly
I had that faith
Along with laughter

(Like a bird)
I went on the road that I was told not to go
I did things I was told not to do
I wanted things I couldn't want
I got hurt and hurt again
You can call me stupid
Then I'll just smile
I don't wanna succeed
By doing things I don't wanna do
I'm pushing myself
Word

I believe in myself
My back hurting is for my wings to come out
I believe in you, even if things are bleak right now
The end will be great
Fly, fly up in the sky
Fly, fly get 'em up high
It's the path you chose, dude don't be scared
This is just the first flight

Take me to the sky~
If I can fly
If I can run away forever
If my wings could fly~
Piercing through the air that's getting heavier
Flying, flying
Higher than higher than
Higher than the sky
Flying, flying
With my reddened wings

Jungkook made his way to the stage, the lights suddenly turning off and the music stopping, only making the ARMY bombs in the audience visible. Jungkook exposed his wings and spread them wide, the lights turning back on, flashing various colours and directing them on the maknae. The audience cheered loudly, chanting 'Jeon Jungkook' over and over as he flew above their fans.

Spread spread spread my wings~
La la la la la la
La la la la la la
Spread spread spread my wings~
La la la la la la
La la la la la la
Wings are made to fly fly fly
Fly fly fly
If my wings could fly~

His Hyungs watched their maknae flying through the stadium proudly, happy that Jungkook was accepted by all ARMYs. Jungkook's Father was backstage cheering with other staff members who were watching the performance. Everyone enjoyed themselves that night. It was a night they will never forget.

END
18/7/2020
11:15 PM
-----------------------------------
Word Count: 1175 words.