2

Reader POV

Lady Acier assigned me to the room across from Nozel's and Nebra's.

They both didn't really talk to me, but Nebra has opened up more.

Now she was inseparable from me.

Nozel basically ignored me.

"(y/n)!" Nebra crawled onto my lap. "Read me this story!"

"Okay," you flipped open a page. "Once, there was a clan of elves living nearby the Clover Kingdom,"

As you told the story of the elves, you failed to notice Nozel strolling into the library.

After the story was finished, Nebra was asleep on your lap. She reminded you of Ashio.

"(y/n)." Nozel came up to you but you shushed him.

"Shh, Nebra is sleeping,"

Nozel scoffed. "Whatever. Now, I want you to come with me. I'm bored and Fuegeleon's being annoying,"

Neither of you knew, but Fuegeleon had a little crush on you since the day he met you.

"Aw, Fuegeleon!" You moved Nebra over and carried her to her room, putting her to bed and followed Nozel outside.

"(y/n)!" Fuegeleon ran up to you and scooped you into a hug. "I've missed you and it's only been a week!"

"Me too!" You giggled as he spun you in the air.

Nozel POV

I felt an odd stab of jealousy as I watched my rival have fun with (y/n).

"Put her down," I hissed. She doesn't want to be held by you,"

"I dunno," Fuegeleon snickered. "I think she's fine in my arms. Don't worry, (y/n)! I'll always protect you!"

"She has me, she doesn't need you," I spat.

Mother was watching from her chair. "Nozel dear, I think you are jealous,"

"AM NOT!" I blew a raspberry at her to which she chuckled.

I watched with annoyance as Fuegeleon showed off some of his flame magic to the (h/c)-haired female.

"Wow, you're so cool!" She stared at Fuegeleon with admiration.

"What can you do?" He asked.

She laughed. "Oh, I was born with no magic,"

"Seriously??" His jaw dropped. "As I said, I'll protect you! Shame, though. I wanted you to join the Crimson Lions when you were older,"

Lady Acier shrugged. "She can still help out around the squad, though,"

"But she's joining the Silver Eagles when the time comes," I interrupted. "Besides, she lives with us anyway."

"I'll decide when we get there," (y/n) said to both of us with a smile that I so desperately wanted only aimed at me.

I'm not in love with her, nor do I like her! I just didn't want my Rival to have the same!

...

(y/n) said goodbye to 'Leon'.

"Why do you call him Leon?" I asked harshly. "A commoner like you isn't worthy to call any of us nobles anything than our names,"

"He insisted," she said with a frown. "Why? Do you want me to call you a nickname?"

"NO!" I shouted, making her jump. "I shouldn't even be talking to you, you lowly human! Why Mother decided to take you in is beyond me! Every one of you commoners take up space and can't defend yourselves! You're useless!"

I felt a slap on my right cheek.

I felt the sting a second later and stared at (y/n).

"Dont you dare call any of us useless! You're no noble, you're...you're...you're THE WORST PERSON EVER! I HATE YOU!" She ran to her room and slammed the door.

Mother and Father were out somewhere and Nebra was still asleep.

Reader POV

I ran to my room and slammed the door.

"It's not fair! He's never had to worry about his next meal or making sure his father was still alive!" I huffed, feeling annoyed.

I sighed. "It's just not fair..."

His words hurt me and was uncalled for.

...

The next morning, breakfast with them was very awkward.

Nebra was normal as was their father, but Lady Acier noticed the tension between Nozel and I.

"Don't tell me, he kissed you when we were gone?" She joked, misreading the situation.

"No," Nozel rolled his eyes.

I kicked him under the table. "No," I said politely. "He was just being annoying."

"I'm annoying?" He slammed his hands on the table and stood up, fury dripping off him.

"Sit your ass down, son," their father hissed. 

Nozel sat down but shot me daggers which I slunk away at. 

Other than that, we didn't talk to each other.

Leon came again and I spent the day with him while Nozel was doing his own stuff.

"He had the audacity to yell at me last night!" I seethed as Leon and I sat by the fountain in their courtyard. "The nerve of him!"

Leon laughed. "Well, that's Nozel for you."

"I wish I didn't have to live with them sometimes," I sighed.

Leon's face flushed and he placed his hand on me. "Well...if you want and if Lady Acier lets you, you can live with me. Merelona already likes you so..."

"I couldn't," I sighed. "I love them all except Nozel. Besides, it would be a slap in the face to my mother,"

"Alright then," Leon patted my hand. "Just know that if you need to, there is a space for you in my home, okay?"

I smiled and kissed his cheek, causing his face to go completely red. "Thanks, Leon."

...

"Where were you!" Nozel spat as soon as we came back into the house. 

"I-"

"Shut up, I don't want to hear it." Nozel's cold glare hit me like an ice storm.

"Hey! She was with me," Leon stood in front of me, his aura angry at his cousin.

Nozel's aura matched his but he sighed. "Whatever." He stormed away to his room.

"Thanks," you smiled sweetly at the flame-haired male who smiled in return.

"Anytime."

Days turned into weeks and each day, Leon came over or you went over to his. 

Every time you did so, you knew that Nozel didn't like it.

But you weren't his possession so why he cared so much confused you.

When you were around him, he was purposefully unpleasant and always out to get you.

After some time, you stopped trying to be nice to him and gave him a taste of his own medicine.

He spat at you, you spat at him. Now, you ignored him altogether.

"There's no use in talking to him," you sighed to Lady Acier as you both sat down for tea. "I've tried to be nice to him, he's just rude."

"Well, I-" She suddenly started heaving. "Oh, dear. (y/n)! My baby! He's on the way!!"