Part 10 - Rising Questions

"Is there someone in the shop?" He asked suspiciously.
"Why would there be?" I replied, nerves creeping up on me and worries fluttering through my head.
"I thought I saw something." Max pondered over the image in his head, suspicion rising.
"I haven't quite been paying attention but I'm pretty sure we're the only ones who've been in there for a while." I assured him casually. Inside my head I was running around screaming, but outside I was calm and relaxed. My partner better hurry up and get any items she's gonna snatch before Max gets too worried and decides to get back to the store to settle his nerves. Let's just hope the security is shut off before everyone leaves.

The stream of people slowly seeped out the door to get to the rest of their shopping across the road a few minutes after rushing into retrieve their free items before anyone and everyone else. Luckily no alarms went off in the store to alert Max. Soon after everyone left, I got a wave from my partner,  far enough away from the store, signalling that I could leave now. I'm glad she signalled then. My head was about to implode!
"Oh man. I should probably get going. Can't be late for work." I decided to say as my excuse to go.
"Okay I'll get back to the store then. See ya!"
"See ya!" I exclaimed. "Wouldn't wanna be ya!" I then whispered. It was done. We had succeeded.