Chapter 5

The two boys walked out of the school and to the woods along the slim trail. They looked for anything to indicate where she could have gone. Crunched leaves, footsteps, dropped belongings, anything. But there was nothing. That was, until Nathen noticed blood on one of the trees. It was dark and dry, and it was soaked into the dirt and the bark.

"K-Kyle...?" Nathen said worriedly, pointing at the tree., "Is...Is that...blood?"

Kyle looked over to where he was pointing. He walked over to the tree and placed his hand on the bark.

"Yes, Nathen... it could be Sam's. And if it is, she's in trouble." Kyle replied, staring anxiously at the blood-soaked tree.

Nathen then pointed to a spot where it looked like something had been dragged. Kyle followed it without hesitation. It mostly followed the trail, but then it abruptly stopped. Like it just cut off or something. Kyle turned his head to Nathen, who was staring at the indented dirt in confusion. When Nathen caught Kyle's gaze, he just shrugged.

"We should inform the police and let them take care of it. We've done all we can now." Nathen said, turning around and starting on the hiking path back home.

"Good idea. Then they can tell us if it's Sam's blood or not." Kyle added, catching up to his friend.

"hEh, ThEy AcTuAlLy ThInK tHe pOlIcE cAn HeLp..."

Well that was short. Word count- 244 words.