8

Jack could instantly tell that he wasn't going to like this guy. Considering that he found out about the relationship between the two, it made all the better to play a harmless trick on the dirty blond. He fell on his rear and before Jack could truly enjoy the moment with a laugh, [Name] looked up at him suspiciously as he looked off in the distance playing innocent only to have a slight grin on her lips and shook her head in mild amusement. She shrugged off the blond's remark about the city not doing their job as he got up from his fall.

Geez, he thought, does this guy know when to give it a break?

Ever since the ex has walked in, he's been dropping insensitive comments. Jack felt bad about the poor girl who had to endure the relationship beforehand. Good thing the winter spirit was there to lift the awkward tension.

With a small breeze, he dropped down to the ground and noticed the dirty blond straighten a bit from the shiver he was holding back. Jack grinned, knowing exactly how to get rid of this guy. He saw the way [Name] quirked one of her eyebrows as she spotted him from her ex's shoulder. Jack simply motioned to be quiet as he held a finger to his lips. With the hook of his staff, he pulled the back collar gently and formed a snowball in his other hand, holding it above the spot of his target.

He looked at [Name] one last time, checking the distance between the two. "You might want to step back a few," he said, knowing full well the blond couldn't hear him at all. She obligated silently. The blond noticed immediately and furrowed his brows in confusion. Before he could question anything, Jack slapped the snowball at the back of his neck.

Jack never saw a man jump so high and squeal before. He laughed with amusement as he saw the blonde fruitlessly dig out the melting ice from his back. Jack landed another ball of snow on top of the blond's head.

"Who's doing that?" he cried out.

Jack could hear a muffled laugh from [Name]. She ducked behind her scarf while pinching the two ends to tighten it around her mouth. He decided one more to the face should do the trick. The blond was blinded and try to rub out the snow.

Jack saw the girl taking this chance to walk off scene as the blond dramatically brushed off the snow. [Name] made a run for it as he was distracted looking for the culprit. She ducked behind a corner of a building when he wasn't looking and waited until she couldn't hear him anymore. Jack flew over towards where she was and walked along the wall until he looked around the corner where she was trying to hold in her laughter. Jack grinned when he saw this.

"I can't believe you just did that," she commented.

He shrugged sheepishly, "Yeah, well,"—he looked back at the confused blond, searching for the girl he was previously talking to. He added with a smirk, "he was being a jerk. Who was that guy anyways?"

The girl next to him sigh after she calmed down a bit, "That was Dallas, my ex. I haven't seen him for a year after he left, then he comes back like nothing happens."

Jack eyed the boy, feeling the distain build up. He mumbled a bit in amusement, "We'll, that's not very nice."

[Name] scoffed playfully, "Like you know what nice is, mister."

Jack smirked slightly when his view became of her again. He retorted back, "I know plenty of it. I helped you out of that situation, didn't I?"

Her [eye color] orbs glinted with playfulness like his did most of the time. He was happy to see a new side of her, one he hopes to see often. Her wittiness kicked in as she said, "By playing pranks on the other for it? Sure, because your version of helping someone is to play tricks when they least expect it."

Jack chuckled, "Isn't that the fun part, though?" He nodded his head in the direction of his work where he saw Dallas finally giving up and walking away.

She rolled her eyes but a smile still danced on her lips. It seemed she had given up on the banter and let out a giggle from the memory of the shocked face of her ex getting pelted by the snow. Jack's smirk turned into a smile as he watched her. He finally was able to make her smile from his own being instead of watching her from afar. It's true that he saw her a couple of times since his first encounter with her, but he never did find the right time to greet her like he did today. He was more than satisfied that he was able to make her open up a little more instead of having the serious look she would have whenever he came around.

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked back to see no one was there. He looked at [Name] again and offered her a smile. "Coast is clear. Looks like you can come out now," he reassured.

She sighed once again but in relief, "Thanks." She offered a smile back when looking up at him, "Even though I don't completely approve of it, I'm grateful you help me back there."

"Hey, progress," he commented while grinning.

He laughed when you said nothing but glared at him.

Word Count: 932

Status: UNEDITED