Arc V (2) - 1909

Jenine and Lily keep meeting in their study sessions.

They talk about Biology, mainly, the shortest brunette in a naturally low voice and the tallest girl trying to control her high pitch.

Jenine turns out to be a great teacher, or at least that's what Lily says. Lily turns out to be a great student, or at least that's what Jenine says.

They both work just well together, easy, despite the shortest girl's attempts to keep her heartbeats at bay and the tallest brunette trying not feel utterly frustrated whenever concepts get a bit messy. Jenine smiles every time, trying to show comfort. It actually helps, to Lily's mild surprise, both because she knows that her teacher is not ready to give up on her and because the shortest girl's fluffy cheeks lifted up in a grin look just too adorable to stay annoyed.

Whenever she's able to identify all bones in a picture or to talk about the blood cycle without making a single mistake, Lily puts her hands up and cheers silently. Jenine giggles in return, maybe too loudly, unable to stop herself, and the tallest brunette feels even more accomplished.

Sometimes, Lily gets tired, or simply bored. Her teacher perceives it because doe eyes start to look around her as in an attempt of finding anything worth staring at. Some other times, Jenine finds her honey gaze fixed right in her face. It makes her twitch uncomfortable, the idea of Lily being able to spot and list all her flaws, so she wordlessly gives her a break to entertain herself with something other than her face.

Between hard work and soft laughter, the green of the leaves turn yellow, then brown, then in a memory. Days get slightly cooler, especially in the big library that becomes less crowded as the sunlight abandons earlier.

When Jenine's favorite cherry blossom lets its last pinkish cover touch the ground, Lily passes her first exam with more than flying colors. Despite this, she doesn't suggest putting an end to her studying sessions.

"Do you like being alone?" Lily asks later that day, after a tiny moment of celebrating and a more prolonged moment of dealing with the digestive apparatus.

"Yes", Jenine answers immediately, but then she decides to tell the whole truth, "No. Sometimes".

Lily hums, and her mouth twitches.

"It's just... I'm not... very friendly", Jenine explains, her features adorned by a vague smile.

"What do you mean?", Lily complains with a frown, "you are very friendly".

The shortest brunette licks her lips. She tries to find a way of explaining herself without sounding like the saddest object of pity because it's kind of embarrassing.

"No, I meant... I have issues making friends. It's like... I'm shy. I guess that's it. Also I'm not the most entertaining person ever".

The tallest girl keeps frowning, now a pout added to her expression as she crosses her arms against her chest.

"Well, I think that you are really entertaining. I have a lot of fun with you".

Jenine merely smiles, and Lily looks at her pointedly, her eyebrows raised.

"That's because you are...you", the girl explains.

The tallest brunette stares at her teacher in confusion.

"What does that mean?"

"Well, you are nice, and naturally funny, and... sunny".

Lily fights a smile.

"Sunny? Does that mean that you are cloudy?"

Jenine stares at her student in perplexity before letting out a soft chuckle.