Arc VI (3) - Present Time

Jennie doesn't stop running. She doesn't stop running when she spots Lisa on the way towards her dorm, or when the tall girl runs towards her too, or when finds her just inches away from her body. She doesn't stop until she has the girl between her arms, her own soft hands tangling in deep black as she feels Lisa's hands squeezing her waist tight.

It's a frantic moment, a big contrast against the still, freezing night, but it doesn't matter really, because Jennie feels warm all over, from the tears that reach her chin to her toes curling in happiness.

Lisa cries too, silently, overwhelmed by a joy that she knows it is almost poisonous, but so lovely, so good as Jennie's body presses against hers, that she has no will to stop it from spreading.

So they hug for a few moments, panting, and as all their contained feelings begin to pour, Jennie can't help but to push herself away from Lisa, feeling hurt allover.

"Were you seriously going to leave me without saying goodbye?"

Lisa tries to swallow her guilt, but fails.

"I'm sorry, Jen", she lets out.

The shortest brunette keeps tearing up.

"But why, Lisa? After all we went through... why would you do this to me?"

The tallest girl sobs.

"Because I felt embarrassed, and sad, and angry, and I didn't know... I still don't know how to deal with it".

Jennie rubs her knuckles against her cheeks hastily.

"But what's it, Lisa, what happened?"

The tallest brunette seems deeply hurt.

"You... you ignored me, and then... started dating Kangdae".

"What?!", Jennie feels pure anger making her body shake, "All of this is because of him? You stopped talking to me because you thought I was dating him?"

Lisa stares at her almost pleadingly.

"No, Jen-"

"Fuck, Lisa, if I knew you fancied the guy I would have told him. We are not dating, by the way. That sick son of a bitch decided to spread a ridiculous rumor, apparently. I cannot even point out what single feature of his selfish self could be appealing to you".

She was harsh, but she can't help it. Her face is heated by rage and a tad of jealousy that she doesn't want to admit.

Lisa keeps looking at her as if she tore her heart out of her chest.

"What are you talking about, Jennie? I'm in love with you, you know that", she shouts, feeling helpless, a shameful blush extending from her cheeks to her neck. She expected not having to say that out loud ever again.

Jennie stares at her in silence, then, her previously angry features now painted in absolute shock. Her lips are parted, and her cat-like eyes are wide.

Lisa stares at her mildly confused.

"What?", the shortest brunette murmurs finally, her chest beginning to twirl beyond control.

"Jennie, please, don't make me say it again", she pleads, "I told you...I-"

The brunette takes a step closer to Lisa, their bodies close enough to feel each other's heat.

"When?" she asks dumbfounded.

The tallest girl's heart hammers without mercy.

"The last time we were together... at the sleepover. We were chatting in the dark and I just... but you heard me, Jen, please, don't lie to me. I don't feel like hiding my feelings anymore. I know you don't-"