Episode 6 - "How It Ended"

Twdg is owned by TellTale Games.
Plot by EdgyMeow. (me)

"Lee?" A small voice asked.

"Yeah? What is it, Clem?" Lee answered.

"My chest tickles." Clem said with a giggle.

"Is that so?" Lee asked with a smile.

"Yeah. Last thing I remember is a girl named Minnie being on top of me. Then, everything is blurry." Clem told Lee with her soft voice. Clem looked out at the passing trees. The train was going the same speed it always had been, but it seemed particularly peaceful now.

"Why always the train, sweet pea?" Lee asked with a laugh. Clem shrugged.

"I guess it just reminds me of a better time. It's where you taught me how to use a gun, and how to keep my hair short." Clem said, smiling.

"I guess so." Lee said with a smile as he sat by Clem.

"I was scared." Clem said.

"I bet so. A lot of lives were on the line, and it was you against three other people." Lee told her.

"It was tough." Clem told him.

"You're tougher, though. That took a lot of bravery and strength." Lee told Clem.

"Yeah. I hope I didn't let you, or anybody else down." Clem said with sorrow.

"Clementine, you saved the girl you love, protected all your friends, including me, and was willing to let yourself be taken if it by all meant that everyone else would be safe." Lee said, reassuring Clem.

"I would rather die than let anything happen to them." Clem said with a slight smile. Lee smiled back.

"Lee?" Clem asked.

"Hm?" Lee hummed in response.

"I'm glad that you're really here with me. I guess I just come back here because, well, being a kid was great. Back when... Everything was.. Different." Clem told Lee as she struggled to find the right words.

"It was a better time for you, when everybody was together, right?" Lee asked. Clem nodded.

"Well, we're all together now." Lee said with a smile.

"If I even live." Clem said sadly.

"Lee? Promise that if I die, you'll take care of AJ? Okay?" Clem asked again, holding back tears this time.

"O-of course, sweet pea." Lee said, trying to mask his emotions with a smile.

"It's okay to be sad, Lee. It's okay to be scared. You just need to breathe." Clem told him.

"Yeah. You're right." Lee laughed. Clem laughed too.

"It's time to go, now, sweet pea, alright?" Lee asked.

"But Lee. This is peaceful. I like talking to you right now. I have nothing to worry about.. I'm back where it all started.." Clem said.

"I know, sweet pea, but you've got a girlfriend, a little boy, friends to reassure that you're okay. Besides sweet pea, if you need to talk to me, I'm always here. I'm alive, remember?" Lee asked with a smile and laugh. Clem smiled too.

"I guess so." Clem said with a smile.

"Okay. I'll see you in a minute, Lee." Clem said with happiness.

"Back at you, sweet pea." Lee said before everything faded to black.

"She's here! She's with us!" Ruby yelled. Everything, even the smallest noise, seemed to echo.