Chapter 12

Fred knocked on the door and waited. He was at the girl's apartment to pick Josie up for the airport. Andre couldn't come along because he had to attend Izzy's show, he had a surprise for her, and Fred knew Izzy would love it.

The door opened and Fred looked up to find Mia in front of him in a tank top and booty shorts. He groaned and immediately looked away, turning his gaze to hers.
"What are you doing down? Aren't you supposed to be studying?"

Mia frowned at his reply to seeing her after the girl's night a week ago. She had been excited when Josie told her he was coming to pick her up and she couldn't wait to see him but now she wasn't sure if she was happy to see him or not.
She blinked up at him.
"Nice to see you too. Come in." She said walking away as Fred rushed inside after her.

"Mia." He grabbed her arm and turned her to him before she could get away. "I just wasn't prepared to see you today."

She raised a brow at him and his gaze ran her entire body making her very aware of every inch of exposed skin. She swallowed.
"Oh." She knew why he was being an ass.

Fred smirked.
"Yea, oh's right." His hand ran up and down her arm igniting a flame in her. "You were very naughty the last time I saw you." He squeezed her arm as he backed her against the nearest wall. "That barely there dress and your dirty mouth. I would have taken you right in my car if you hadn't been so drunk."

Mia inhaled sharply, her lips parting.
"I would have let you."

"I know." He said as his hand slipped from her arm to her waist and down to her ass when Josie called out.

"I need help guys!"

Fred and Mia broke apart as she tried to calm her breath and he tried to gain back control of his body, especially one particular part.

Mia ran up the stairs to help Josie while Fred struggled for control. The two girls were down in seconds with Josie's bags.
"I'm ready." Josie said.

"Great." Fred said. "I'll get your things." He grabbed two of her bags and took them to the car while Josie said goodbye to Mia wishing her luck for the bar exam before joining Fred outside.

Mia watched them from the door.

"I love you," Josie said from the passenger's side.

Mia smiled.
"I love you too."

Josie got into the car as Fred gave Mia one last glance before he drove off.

They arrived at Birmingham Airport in under thirty minutes. Fred followed her into the airport for check-in and since they had a few more minutes before boarding time, they hung out.

"Are you planning on going back anytime soon?" Josie asked

Fred looked at her.
"I'm not sure." He said, "I have to confirm something before I can think about leaving."

"Does this have anything to do with Mia?"

Fred smiled.
"Of course it does and you know it. You've been silently wishing Andre and I would hook up with Izzy and Mia."

"Hey, I haven't been wishing anything." Josie said, "Whatever you guys do is none of my business but I'll tell you what is my business, if you guys hurt my girls, you'll be having your balls for breakfast."

"What makes you think we'll hurt them?"

"You're guys, everything you do, you do without thinking and something is bound to hurt us."

"Not if we care." Fred said and Josie stared at him. "What?"

She shook her head too quickly.
"Nothing."

"There's obviously something." He said, "But I won't push."

She smiled at him before glancing at her watch.
"I should get going."

Fred checked his watch.
"You still have ten minutes."

"Yea, who knows what could happen between now and then, I should get going."
Josie always planned ahead of time, she said it was something her dad had instilled in her and her sisters.

Fred sighed.
"Alright." He got up after she did and hugged her "Call when you touch down."

"I will." She smiled as she grabbed her bag and left. He watched her till she disappeared before he finally turned around and left the airport.

He got into his car and took out his phone and texted Andre: She just left.

He put his phone in the car console then started the car and drove off. He was very tempted to drive back to see Mia but he restrained himself and took the route to the gym he'd joined since he got here. Good thing he carried his gym bag all the time.

Just a few more days and Mia would be free and they could finally spend time together. Who knew one month could be so much torture for him.

Just a couple more days of suffering and it'll be over.

After Fred left, Mia had no idea what had come over her to behave like that with him. He made her feel the way she felt when she dressed up for a party. Those barely-there dresses she always had on were to make her feel bold, confident, and desirable.

She was bold and confident all the time but she never felt desirable. Or at least no one's ever made her feel that way, that's what the dresses were for. Then Fred had shown up seeing her in her indoor clothes, which was worse than her work clothes and he made her feel desirable in just a few seconds.

Now she wondered if it was something she wanted to feel again because it scared her.

How could one man make her feel that much in no time at all? How would she handle being around him knowing the feelings he could ignite in her?

She shook her head hoping to drive the thoughts away. She had a few days left before she had to take the bar exam, she didn't need this kind of distraction.

Mia breathed. In. Out. She needed to focus and thinking about Fred wasn't helping.