Chapter 13

After Mia had taken the bar exam, she had come down from her high, she was finally able to breathe without getting all worked up. She had resumed back at the library the next day, Harry had been so glad to have her back as glad as she was to be back there.

She hadn't heard anything from Fred since the day he picked up Josie for the airport and that was a week ago. She hadn't bothered to call him up because the thought of him set her emotions high and her blood hot. Every time she thought about him, she couldn't help thinking of the way he had backed her against the wall. That alone made her hot and bothered.

"Have a good day." Mia handed the books to the teenager with a smile. Everyone was leaving the library because it was closing in a few minutes.

The next person - Alex, a college student that visited frequently stepped forward to sign the books out before taking them. Mia took them from her and entered the details of the books into the system.

"Here you go." She had a soft smile on her face when she looked up to hand the books over to Alex but she froze.

"Hey, beautiful."

Mia's breath escaped her in a whoosh.
"Fred." She said breathlessly.

"Someone might think you're avoiding me." He said.

"Me. Avoiding you. Why would I?"

Alex whom Fred had managed to maneuver cleared her throat behind him.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Mia handed the books to her and watched her leave as Fred kept his gaze locked on Mia's face.

Mia turned her gaze from the door to Fred, Alex had been the last person to leave.
"Hi."

Fred smirked.
"Hey...again."

Mia snatched her gaze from his handsome face she'd missed and began to gather her things.
"What are you doing here?"

"What do you think?" He watched her gather her things before shutting off the system and placing her bag on the slab.

Mia rose from her seat and walked towards the stairs with Fred on her heels like a lost puppy.

"You know it kind of feels like you're avoiding me," Fred said behind her.

"I'm not." Mia made her way to the top of the stairs and the topmost floor, tidying up and returning abandoned books to their shelves.

"Mia, what's the matter?"

Mia sighed inwardly ignoring him. His presence was driving her insane with the need to be in his arms.

"Mia!" Fred grabbed her arm and pulled her into his arms. Mia grabbed his biceps for support and she swallowed when it flexed beneath her touch. Her lips felt dry so she ran her tongue over it and Fred's gaze dropped to stare at the action which made him clench his jaw.
"What's going on?"

Mia shook her head.

"And don't tell me it's nothing." He said, "After the way we left things last time, I'd have thought we'd be more than ok."

Mia sighed as she dropped her gaze from him staring at nothing in particular on his shoulder.
"Its exactly because of the way we left things last time." She said, "You made me feel..."

"Dirty." He said

She snapped her gaze to his and shook her head at his sudden sullen mood.
"Wanted."

Fred smiled.
"So you liked the dirty talk."

Mia smiled back.
"A little too much maybe."

"Then what's the problem?"

"I'm embarrassed about it." She looked away.

Fred tucked his fingers underneath her chin and turned her face to his.
"There's nothing to be embarrassed about. You are the most sexy, beautiful and smart woman I know. There's nothing to be embarrassed about especially not the way you are with me."

Mia sighed.

"You are amazing Mia and if you let me, I'd like to take you out."

Mia smiled a soft sexy smile that almost made Fred sigh.
"I'd love that."

"Good." He said pulling back and taking her hand in his. "Let's get you out of here."

Mia followed behind him staring at the back of his head like she would eventually see what he was thinking if she stared hard and long. Fred grabbed her bag as she grabbed the keys and locked up on the way out.

Soon they were in his car and on the high way.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?"

Fred glanced at her with a smile and remained silent.

"I'll take that as a no." She said, "Oh, I have to call Izzy." She took her phone out of her bag and dialed Izzy's number.

"Hey, Mia, what's up?" Izzy picked up on the fourth ring.

"Hey, I won't make it back in time for dinner."

"Neither would I." Mia could hear the amusement in her voice.

"Ooh, ok." Mia smiled because she figured who Izzy would be spending the evening with. "Good then, we both deserve a night out."

"You deserve it more after the exam."

Mia sighed and turned to glance at Fred before whispering.
"I guess. Fred makes me forget the world around us, it's almost scary."

"I know what you mean." Izzy said, "But for tonight, let everything fade away and have fun."

"You too." Mia said

"See you later?"

"Yea," Mia said before she hung up.

"I make you forget the world around us?" Fred asked beside her.

Mia squeezed her eyes shut.
"You weren't supposed to hear that."

Fred smiled and looked at her.
"I'm glad I did." He shifted his gaze back to the road. "We have a lot to talk about."

Mia turned to him and watched him drive, he looked so sexy.
"We do?"

"Yea, we do."

"What about?" Mia asked

"I asked you a question a month before your exam." He reminded her "You promised me an answer after you'd taken the exam and here we are."

"I don't remember." Mia faked forgetfulness

"Of course you don't." He smiled "Not to worry, you'll remember soon enough."

Mia wondered what he had planned.