~•Chapter 12•~

Everything was a peace, you were sat closely to the nursery, grooming your pelt. GoldenFlower gave birth to her kits, BrambleKit and TawnyKit, which of course made TigerClaw even more distant. The only time he would talk to you is if he was screaming at you cause be 'cared about you.'

You saw that FireHeart was taking GreyStripe's Apprentice, BrackenPaw out, you swiftly padded over to them a greeted the two. "Hello FireHeart, is it ok if I tag along with you and BrackenPaw?"

The ginger Tom nodded, "yeah sure, you can join us in hunting." As you padded through the forest, you heard a small noise come from a nearby bush, you crouched quietly, waiting. After a while you saw that the creature was a mouse, you quickly pounced on it, swiftly killing it.

"Great catch, Y/W/N!" FireHeart meowed, BrackenPaw nodded and smiled.

"Thank you, by the way, do you know what's going on with TigerClaw? He's been acting strange." FireHeart looked a bit worried.

"I don't really know, I guess he's just concerned about his deputy position?" FireHeart mewed, you could tell from the tone in his voice that he was lying but shrugged it off.

After a successful hunt, you went back to camp. Placing your prey on the pile, you went to see what BrindleFace was up to. Walking over to the nursery, you see BrindleFace watching over her kits playing with a moss ball.

"Hello BrindleFace, how are you?" You greeted, she sighed quietly.

"Well GoldenFlower's new litter we're creating a real noise in the night, so I didn't get much sleep."

You sighed and stared up at the clear sky, "it seems that new leaf is arriving," you pawed at the snow that was slowly melting.

CloudKit, AshKit and FernKit all tumbled in the grass, CloudKit now stud out just like WhiteStorm in the bright green grass. As you were talking with BrindleFace, TigerClaw came up to you. "Patrol, with BlueStar, now," the deputy grumbled, you sighed and said goodbye before padding away to join the patrol.

As you were out of camp, the patrol found GreyStripe and FireHeart catching prey for RiverClan. TigerClaw snarled "What do we have here?" Before he could say anything, you placed your tail on his shoulders so that BlueStar could speak.

"You two are coming back to camp, then I will give both of you punishments," BlueStar murmured, as the patrol got back FireHeart and GreyStripe has to take on apprentice duties again, it wasn't the best punishment but BlueStar is a forgiving cat so what do you expect?

After the rouges attacked the camp, BlueStar decided to keep BrokenTail in ThunderClan, you weren't very happy about this, you though he should be killed on the spot.

I wonder what happened to the other ShadowClan rouges?

~•TimeSkip•~

After two days, GreyStripe and FireHeart's punishment was over, however a clan meeting was held right after. "Today we have three new apprentices to make. CloudKit, AshKit and FernKit, please step up," BlueStar called. The three well groomed kits all padded in front of the crowd. "Form this day forward, until you have Hearn your warrior names, you will be known as CloudPaw, AshPaw and FernPaw. CloudPaw your mentor is FireHeart, AshPaw your mentor is DustPelt, FernPaw your mentor is DarkStripe."

All three apprentices touched noses with their mentors, whilst everyone cheered, of course, TigerClaw didn't cheer CloudPaw's name.

"We also have a new Warrior to create, BrackenPaw, step forward." The golden Tom stepped up slowly, excitement in his eyes. "You have been taught well and I think it's time you were made a warrior," BlueStar looked up to the sky, "I call upon my to look down on this apprentice, BrackenPaw from this day forward you'll be known as BrackenFur."

Everyone cheered for him and then the meeting was over.

~•TimeSkip•~

You were sat in four-trees with the other clans, waiting for the gathering to start. You didn't know were to go so you decided to talk to DeadFoot, the WindClan deputy. "Hi DeadFoot, how have you been?"

The black Tom smiled and greeted you, "hello Y/W/N, ever since FireHeart and GreyStripe brought us back we gave been doing well." You talked to him for a while, earning hatful glances from TigerClaw. You ignored him and eventually the Gathering started.

ThunderClan, WindClan and RiverClan Leaders went and explained that prey was running well and everything is fine, RiverClan lying. However, NightStar said the unexpected, "ThunderClan have been sheltering BrokenTail!" The ShadowClan and WindClan warrior erupted in anger, whilst RiverClan kept silent.

How did he find out...?!

You looked around and your eyes set on SwiftPaw, keeping head low as if he's ashamed of himself. It must of been him.

The gathering came to a close and ThunderClan and RiverClan walked home together, as you were walking behind BlueStar, LeopardFur padded up to you. "Sorry about WindClan and ShadowClan," she murmured.

You gave a confused look, "it's not your fault besides some apprentice blurted it out." You stared at SwiftPaw, LeopardFur understood and nodded.

Eventually, RiverClan and ThunderClan parted ways and every cat settled down for the night, your rest was interrupted when you heard voices outside. You quietly got up and padded out of the warriors den, making sure you didn't wake anyone up. Peeking from the den, you was BrambleKit and TawnyKit playing around with the fresh kill and making a load of noise. You raised up and padded out to the Center of camp. Their eyes lit up in fear and crouched down as they were caught.

"What are you doing? It's late and you should be asleep," you mewed gently. From your calm tone, the kits stud up.

"Our mother doesn't let us see the camp at night, we wanted to see the night sky," TawnyKit murmured. You looked up at the beautiful dark sky, you saw SilverPelt, the glittering stars twinkling brightly as they look down on the clans,

"Yes it's really beautiful, and your ancestors always look down upon you," you mewed, "but now it's time for you to go and rest, if GoldenFlower found out that you disappeared, she won't be very happy," The two kits pouted slightly and made their way to the nursery.

You sighed and looked at the stars again, "them kits act like their father," you said to yourself.

"How cute, I didn't expect you to say that," a voice whispered from behind you. Turning around, you saw TigerClaw standing their, with a small smile.

"Oh TigerClaw, it's just you," you mewed, the tabby sat beside you and stared at the sky with you. You felt his tail intertwine with your's. Your ears heated up. "Um, a-aren't you with GoldenFlower...?" You choked.

"I-um yes, I am," his looked at his paws in disappointment and removed his tail from your's, "let's get some rest, and don't tell anyone about what happened just then." You nodded and followed him to the Warriors den.