Prologue

My name is Braelynn Lee Woods but my friends call me Brae. I didn't have a lot of friends but I was contempt with that.  I didn't need a lot of friends to be happy. I just needed genuine ones like Lauren, Coco, Daniel, and Raylen-- my trusting friends and boyfriend.  I couldn't want more from this world. I was happy and contempt. We'd all just gotten out of high school and were looking forward to pursuing the world together. Except, things changed. I had to make a choice.

I was pursuing my career in character design. My first year of college was upon me. Except, unlike everyone else, I still had no idea where I was going. It took a lot of thinking and figuring out but I figured I'd go somewhere local from where I live. Something here in America in the state of Virginia. But, instead, I'd won a scholarship to go abroad in South Korea.

I was devastated. I didn't want to leave my friends or boyfriend. I at least wanted to be remotely close. I wanted to stay home but everyone disagreed with me. My parents were well-off but that didn't mean they made life easy for me or my younger sister, Zoey. We had to make it on our own mostly. That also meant paying for our own tuitions. So when I told my parents about not wanting to accept the scholarship, you can tell what that answer was.

You're going.

All my friends agreed with my parents' decision.  Even Raylen agreed. The person I didn't want to be separated from the most agreed with my parents. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt but I could understand why they were supporting my parents. No one would pass this opportunity. It was a scholarship to go abroad. 

"Don't worry, Brae," Raylen had said, "We'll keep in touch-- all of us, " he gestured to Lauren, Coco, and Daniel, "It's not the end of the world."

I was full of tears as I hugged them and told them goodbye.

And that's how I ended up in South Korea.

I huffed a sigh as I got out of the airport and looked at the surrounding skyscrapers of Seoul. I was here now.

I should be happy.

But I wasn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! This is AYDJAE, the author of IDOL-1! I hope you guys enjoyed this little prologue preview and enjoy the rest of the story as it comes!

It's the first time for me writing in a not-so-fantasy setting and writing about one of my new obsessions, kpop! I'm writing this for fun and enjoyment and I hope you guys enjoy reading the story as much as I like writing it!

Stay tuned for more!!

~AYDJAE uwu

<3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find me  on Instagram for art and more writing!

Art Account: aydjae          Writing Account: aydjae.writes