Chapter 5

Chung-Hee?

That's when everything paused. My jaw had dropped open as I thought of the red-head from earlier. I shook my head. No. She wasn't referring to him.

I cleared my throat, "Who?"

"Oh my God, Chung-Hee! Chay!" she yelled in annoyance, "Do you seriously forget all the times I brought him up to you? He's the leader from the group, ARC-1-- the most popular boy group in the world? Why am I even surprised. I'm talking to the sibling that's lived under a rock her entire life."

I didn't have any remark for her last comment as I sat there in shock. She was actually talking about Chung-Hee. Was that why his name sounded familiar to me? What would happen if she figured out I was staying with them? Panic flooded me at the question. It'd be best not to tell her.

She continued rambling, "Not to mention how handsome he is. Oh my god, you think you're single until you see him like-- he's beauty in and of itself."

"I think that's taking it over the top," I felt like puking from the way she said it. Was she crazy or something? I knew my sister to be crazy but she was probably the craziest fan of theirs if she talked like this.

This time, I'm pretty sure she was the one with the eye-roll, "Says the one who has a boyfriend."

Raylen.

I began wondering if he'd texted me back. I wanted to talk to him but I'd been asleep. Then Zoey called and, of course, that was the first thing I saw on my phone. 

"Oh right, you don't have one," I knew my comment packed a punch. I felt hurt at what she said. It wasn't a bad thing that I had a boyfriend. I just missed him and the mention of him made me miss him even more. But, instead of any comments, I only heard munching from the other end.

"How would you know anything about me?" she then asked.

"Uh, you're my sister," I think that would be obvious. I held back a chuckle.

"Well, I don't need a boyfriend to be happy, I have Chung-Hee," she finished.

"Okay, cool," I stated in a monotone voice, "So you have a celebrity crush."

It's more than just that!" she complained, "I'm a Pillar! And Chung-Hee loves Pillar!"

There it is again with that word. I brushed off my curiosity.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Zoey. I'm done talking," I needed to get out of this conversation. There was so much that I needed to absorb from it.

"Okay fine," she said to my surprise, "But can we chat some other time?"

"Only if you call me early in the morning or late evenings."

"No promises. Okay, bye!"

"Hey wai--" I didn't have time to refute as she hung up the phone on me.

I slouched my shoulders at the thought of her calling me in the middle of the night again. But those thoughts left me as my mind swiveled back to our conversation. I should've expected to hear their names if they were that popular, I guess, but from my own sister? I can feel the drama stirring and I was not going to have it. Perhaps it would be a good thing if I moved apartments. Who knows what would happen if Zoey heard that I was living with them.