Chapter 2

"Please have a seat!" the blonde guy said as he skipped into the foyer.

It was luxurious. I couldn't quite believe the intricate layout from what I was seeing. And it was just the foyer. Remind me how my mom got a deal on this place? I took my seat on a black couch as he skipped over to sit on the one opposite of me.

He took his mask off as he spoke, "My name's Sang Kyong!"

"Okay," I responded, "I'm Braelynn Woods. My friends call me Brae."

I still wasn't exactly thrilled about this guy. Or anyone here as a matter of fact. I still didn't know what they meant by fans. What were pillars?

I just wanted to go to my room and live in peace. Listen to some heavy metal while eating my microwavable pasta. Nothing else sounded more satisfying. But, of course, that couldn't happen-- Beom-Bumb the security guard wouldn't have it.

Everyone else came over finding spots all around me. They'd taken off their jackets and masks and had set them on a table on the opposite end of the room.

The black-haired one sat next to Sang who was beaming. The black-haired guy had no reaction, though. He sat there in cold silence. He then met my gaze which I quickly diverted. He didn't appear that intimidating until you looked right in his eyes. Why would smiley-blonde-boy over there be happy he's sitting with him? Come to think of it, did all these guys live together? How do they all know each other?

More sat down on the two chairs to the side of me. One had brown hair and the other had dark teal hair. The teal haired one pulled out his phone and was glued to the screen. The brown haired one looked at me and grinned. I quickly drove my eyes to the floor. I didn't like the way he was looking at me. God, why were they all so forward? I suddenly found myself not wanting to be here anymore. I need to just curl up into a ball in the corner and yeet myself out of this place.

Three more came around. One had lime-green hair that slowly flooded into yellow at the ends. The other had long black hair with on white streak and one purple streak on the right side. The lime-green-yellow haired guy pulled up another chair and sat in it while the black-streak-fashionista sat on the floor. Then Chung-Hee sat next to me. He gave me a hopeful smile. Little did he know that it didn't help at all. I was already making nick-names for the whole lot of them, if that doesn't show how pissed I am.

Then Beom-Seok came in. His arms were crossed as he looked at me. I didn't stop myself from glaring at him as he made his way behind the couch Sang and the black-haired-amigo were sitting in.

"Show me the documentation," Beom-Seok stated.

I rolled my eyes as I got out my phone and scrolled through my files before I found them. I then walked over to the couch across the way and handed my phone over. Beom-Seok's eyebrows furrowed as he looked through it.

"So how did you end up here anyway?" the dark-haired one below me asked.

"My mom found me a room to stay here while I go to college here," I said, "I got a scholarship to go to school here."

"Oh!" Sang was looking at me, smiling as he listened.

"What college are you going to?" Chung-Hee asked.

"Korea National University of the Arts."

"You're an artist?" the lime-haired one asked.

"Yeah," I responded uninterested in telling them about myself. I didn't want to start this bad, though. I just needed a place to stay. I didn't want to be abandoned in a foreign city. Still, I couldn't help myself as I added, "I want to get a job in character design."