Chapter 29

Skylar

Zander walked out which made me cry harder. I was just attacked by his Father and he just leaves. He doesn't love me. The door creaked open slowly.

"M-master?" I squeaked.

"No, Milo sent me to come check on you." Came Kristoff's voice from the door.

"Oh Kristoff!" I sobbed. "I thought he loved me, he just walked out without saying anything."

"It'll be okay Sky, I just know it." Kristoff climbed onto the bed and pulled me to his chest. "Trust him. It's going to be hard, but trust him"

I slowly ran out of tears to cry and fell asleep in Kristoff's arms.

*************************** Two Weeks Later************************************

Things have changed dramatically between Zander-I mean Master and I. He has become cruel and distant towards me since the encounter with his Father. I now sleep in a cage in the corner of the room. I have one small blanket that barely covers me. I no longer get to wear the nice clothes. I have been reduced to rags.

I was currently locked in my cage. Master stomped over to me and unlocked it.

"Out pet now" he growled. I crawled out of the cage and knelt by his feet looking down. "Up. I'm hungry and don't have time to go hunt"

I stood shakily. He hasn't fed from me in two weeks. Roughly he grabbed my head and tilted it to the side. He sunk his teeth in without warning. I screamed in surprise. Master covered my mouth stifling my screams. My body was becoming weak. I could feel myself going limp. Everything was hazy. I felt his tongue run across my neck. Sealing the wound.

"Get back in your cage. I have a guest coming over. I better not hear a sound out of you."

I climbed in two weak to protest or even to cry. I winced as I heard the lock click shut. 

My head was pounding. This wasn't like last time. Last time I was able to drink from him after. He was right this was bad

Kristoff told me to trust him. I was trying to. I was beginning to think that I had imagined the good times with him. Tears began to flood down my face. Stop it, you'll make your head hurt more. I wiped the salty tears away with my rag of a blanket. 

I curled up the best I could. My back to the door. Slowly I drifted off to sleep.