38 | mountains

دنیا کو خبر کیا ہے میرے ذوق نظر کی
تم میرے لیے رنگ ہو، خوشبو ہو، ضیا ہو

Saturday - 11:01pm

The night was dark and full of stars, and despite the cold winds blowing across the land and gloom sprawled all over, no amount of tension knotted her stomach; no worry flowing through her blood.

After a lifetime of heartache, she finally felt free.

"Remind me again...why am I doing this?" Hemayal shot a glance from the passenger seat to the man behind the wheels, a smirk coming to rest on his lips at the annoyance that rested in her voice.

"Because resisting me is an art you haven't yet mastered." Ibrahim said as he bent towards her slightly, a slow grin marking his face.

"I am a pro, don't challenge me." Hemayal laughed slightly herself, his carefree expressions and playful attitude stealing all her worries away - not that she had any left now.

"At other things, sure." Ibrahim said as he finally parked the car and after throwing her a smile, exited the car with fluid grace.

Carefully stepping out, Hemayal met unpaved land and the stumble in her step as she walked a little forward in her four-inch stilettos made a small laugh escape Ibrahim before he came forward.

"Not a pro, then, huh?" He said before taking her elbow in his hold, gently guiding her forward, and Hemayal's insides gushed at the small gesture.

Will her heart ever stop reacting this way at his touches?

"What is this place? I've never been here before." Hemayal mumbled slightly as she cast a confused glance across the area, clouded to the brim with darkness at the moment, her sole guidance being Ibrahim's arm.

Suddenly, light surrounded her.

Lights hanging from the tree branches intricately; lights adorning the bench flowered with roses; lights paving a path deeper into the woods; lights taking her breath away and leaving her stunned and ecstatic in its wake.

Surprised, bewildered, Hemayal's eyes widened as they travelled across the lit land, heart jumping to the mouth as she took an unconscious step back directly into Ibrahim's chest.

"Ibrahim." Hemayal gasped and a low chuckle left Ibrahim's lips as he tightened his hold around her waist.

"You like?" He asked and Hemayal could feel the smile in his voice from behind, his chin coming to rest on her shoulder.

"I love." Hemayal breathed, eyes hooked to the beautiful view carved out in front of her.

"I'm glad." He said before gesturing her forward and Hemayal moved, gait slowed to a stun.

"When...when did you arrange this?" Hemayal asked, turning, heart refusing to look at anything but the view of the fine specimen of man standing in front of her.

"Today." He answered as they moved towards the bench.

Walking a little ahead, the man collected a red rose from the bench and turned to her. Almost bowing, he presented it to her and Hemayal laughed as she took it from his hand - a small, shy giggle escaping her throat that messed with the cords of his heart.

Her laugh was the most beautiful he'd ever seen - not only because of the way her eyes crinkled or the cheeblkbones rose; no. It was something else entirely. Probably the fact that she valued those laughs; knowing they were few and rare.

"I like the sound of that." Ibrahim mumbled, gazing into her eyes for a second, and God, Hemayal never wanted to look away.

Taking her by the hand, Ibrahim walked them around the bench, occupying a seat that faced directly ahead at the sprawling sky fluttering with stars and dreams, the moon a crescent of beautiful hopes.