Artemis: Camp Forgotten

Artemis POV

I was hunting this new monster that all the Olympians are afraid of. But me? No. Well me and my friend, Perseus. We became friends when he let me ride on his Pegasus. Well, it's been 5 years since then. A lot has happened till now.

I have a group of maidens who have been abused by men and ran away. They are called the 'Hunters of Artemis.' We help poor maidens and kill the men who look at us like objects and try to misuse us.

Who am I? I am Phoebe Artemis, but I dare you to call me by my full name. I would prefer to call myself Artemis. I am the daughter of Zeus and the Titaness Leto. I have an annoying brother, Phoebus Apollo. Even he hates the name Phoebus.

Anyways, Percy and I have become great friends but from the past year, he has been avoiding me. Every time, I go near him, he teleports away. When I try to follow him, he just creates mist making it impossible to talk to him. I gave up trying to talk to him. If something is bothering him, he will tell me.

Back to where I was. I was hunting this beast who was so ancient, that even the ancient books don't know about it. It is said to be the last of the creatures. I was following its tracks when I came into a clearing where he was last seen.

I walked when I felt a presence near us, on a cliff. I followed it when it disappeared. Its strange. This is the third time it has happened. I guess it is time, I go there and see what the presence is I keep feeling over there.

I sprinted towards the cliff and saw a beautiful scenery. There was ocean which was reflecting the sunlight and there were sea animals swimming in the water peacefully. There was a rich variety of grass and trees. The animals were jumping around, excited that their mistress has come to them.

But what caught my expression was a huge house, similar to a mansion, standing on the edge of the cliff. I walked near it and sensed a lot of magic in this area. I took out my bow and notched an arrow.

I walked when I passed a lot of magic. It was a barrier. Inside, I saw a lot of kids rushing around here and there, some teenagers laughing and playing, some people sword fighting, some were doing archery (which was considerably better than Camp Half-Blood's).

I kept walking till I bumped into someone. I raised my eyebrow and saw a girl about 15 years old. She had blonde hair, dark blue irises and her skin was peach in colour. She had a dazzling smile and I realized she was the daughter of either Cupid or Eros. Wait a sec, aren't they the same? Or is it just my imagination? Meh.

I spoke, "Hello, I am Artemis. Who are you and what is this place?"

She looked at me strangely before saying, "I am Kaya. This is Camp Forgotten. You must be a new camper, right?"

I was going to shake my head before I thought, 'Maybe she will help me out over here. If I say, I am a goddess she might refuse to help me. I'll just reveal myself later.' I nodded my head and said, "Yes."

She nodded her head and waved back to her friends before leading me. She said, "This is Camp Forgotten, as I said before. Here all the children of minor gods and goddesses live. We first lived in Camp Half-Blood, but our Camp director moved us from there and made a camp over here."

I asked her, "Who is your camp director?"

She shrugged and said, "Why don't you ask him yourself? He takes care of us a lot. He makes us lunch and dinner and teaches us close combat. I have to say, he is pretty hot. Almost all the girls swoon over him, but he always says he is in a relationship with a woman."

I nodded and said, "Did he say her name?"

She bobbed her head and said, "Yeah, she is your namesake, Artemis, Goddess of hunt, wildlife, moon and many other things. Almost all the girls are jealous of her. I always wonder how he got in a relationship with the woman who hates men's guts."

I was seething with anger. How dare he say that I was his... girlfriend? I shook my head and saw that I had reached the big mansion type house. I was going to move before I turned to Kaya and asked, "Who is your godly parent?"

She blushed and muttered something. "What?" I asked her.

She blushed harder and said, "Cu-Cupid."

"What's to be ashamed of that?"

She looked at me shocked and said, "Why aren't you making fun of me? I am the daughter of a minor god and being the daughter of the most minor god is not good at all."

"Did that man say this to you?"

She shook her head, "No, in fact, he says that no matter who my mother or father is, the capabilities lie in my heart and if I am a kind-hearted person, then it won't matter if I am the daughter of Cupid or not."

I was shocked. A man said such good words to her? It is unheard of. Well, of course except for Perseus. I don't know why but I feel a connection with him over here. Its like he is close but also far.

I shuddered from the thoughts. I am a maiden goddess. I cannot have feelings for a boy or a man, even if he is my best friend. However, these words sounded so hollow that there would still be room if 10 deer made it their home.

I thanked Kaya and walked inside.

I was surprised to see that it was basically like a normal house. I expected the man to have put up his trophies and pictures showing that he was the greatest. But there was nothing more than a few books and pictures of gods and goddesses. There were all the Olympian gods and goddesses, including me, and all the minor gods and goddesses. I looked around the corridor and saw that the walls were full of portraits of minor gods and goddesses, even those who have faded and those I did not know existed.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a gasp behind me. I looked around and saw the man I was complimenting not moments ago. Perseus.