Artemis: The Reason behind Camp

Artemis: The reason behind Camp

He turned to me and grinned. Knowing him from 5 years gave me an idea that I gave him something to talk about. I groaned, and he began talking, "This is Camp Forgotten. You know, the kids of minor gods are always stuck in Hermes cabin? Well, remember when I voiced my protest?"

I answered, "Oh yeah, how could I forget that?"

*Flashback*

I was sitting in my throne bored, staring at the person sitting next to me, Percy. I placed my hand on his, but he didn't even notice me. He was anxious for some reason and his forehead was covered with beads of sweat. I shook his hand and asked, "What's wrong?"

He looked at me and said, "You will know in a second."

After a second, I heard my dad shout, "Anything to add?"

Percy's hand left mine and I felt sad for some reason. Sure, we were friends but is it wrong to wish that we could be more?

I shook my head to clear the thoughts before hearing what Percy was saying. He said, "Milord, I have been brought to attention that the children of minor gods and goddesses are not being claimed as their parents don't have a cabin in Camp Half-Blood. I wish to request all the gods to think and take actions as you see fit."

I saw father thinking about it before he shook his head and said, "No, my nephew. If we give cabins to minor gods, then they might make plans to overthrow the Olympians."

Percy looked shocked, but he nodded. Seeing as no other arguments were being raised, he dismissed the council, and everyone teleported away except for Percy, Apollo (who became a god the next day after Percy and I did), Hermes and Hestia stayed along with me.

I noticed they were whispering inaudibly and then all of them teleported together with did seem suspicious, but I spared it no other attention.

*Flashback Ends*

"So?" I asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly before saying, "Well, I decided to make this camp so that if need be, we will fight for Olympus. This will also prove useful as not many minor gods and goddesses will go to the enemy's side as they wouldn't want to fight their own children."

I nodded in understanding and asked, "But you would need help for the barrier and all that stuff to hide yourself."

He grinned again and said, "Well, I asked Hecate to make the barrier, Morpheus to make sure no one saw us in their dreams, Apollo for Archery, Hestia for food and Hermes would deliver us any news from the minor gods. Surprisingly, they all agreed and helped me out and even helped me keep it a secret."

My eyes widened, and my jaw was probably touching the floor. I stuttered, "Y-Yo-You d-did a-all th-that?"

He nodded and what I did next surprised me more than him. I hugged him and pecked him on the cheek. I blushed when I realized what I did and looked at him, but he was in a kind of daze. I waved my hands in front of his face, but he stayed in the same daze. I shook my head. Boys.

I got up and straightened my clothes and cleared it of any dirt and said, "Well, I better head back to the hunters now. Would you mind if I brought the hunters here?"

He snapped from his daze and narrowed his eyes at me. He said, "Make them promise to keep this a secret. Only then can they enter." I nodded, and he smiled and hugged me before I teleported myself back to the hunters' camp.

I saw the hunters sitting around the campfire talking excitedly, whispering in each other's ears. I walked and coughed announcing my presence. All the murmuring instantly stopped, and everyone turned to look at me.

I began, "Girls, I have come across a new camp which is hidden from most of the gods. However, it turns out that the camp director is actually my friend. So, he has requested that I make you swear not to reveal the camp. So, please swear on Styx that you will not reveal its locations without his permission."

All the younger hunters immediately swore but the older hunters looked hesitant. I said, "It also happens that the older hunters know this director, personally."

All the hunters looked confused but they swore and went to their tents to sleep. I sighed, Percy, what are you doing? You know this is dangerous. With that I began pondering over the prophecy that Percy told me about. I had a feeling that he cut some part out.

He said, Hestia and Apollo know about this. Apollo. I teleported to Apollo's temple and pounded on his door.

He opened it rubbing his eyes with his fists and asked, groggily, "What is it, lil sis?"

I was steaming but stayed calm and said, "What was the prophecy that you told Percy? And don't lie." I said the last part when his hands started twitching and sweat began coming from his forehead. He snapped his fingers and he was now in his 15 year old form wearing a blue jean and a yellow t-shirt. He began fidgeting and said, "I... don't know?"

I shook my head and summoned my knife and pinned him against a wall and said, "Tell me now, or spend a decade in Tartarus."

He nodded and said, "Fine." With that green smoke came out of his mouth and his eyes turned green and he began,

"Time makes a camp

Moon creates a hunt

Time and Moon together

Should be blunt

Forgotten will rise

In anger or happiness

Determined by moon's time

Moon loses what it values most

To someone she treasured

Above World's cost

Titan of time rises

Sacrificing the time god

To the worst hell

But moon shall save him

For love or anger."

I was shocked when he said that, that I did not realize Apollo teleporting me back to my camp and I subconsciously lay down on my bed and tried to sleep but it abandoned me.

The only thoughts that revolved around my mind was,

Who do I consider above the World? And I will lose something that I value the most? Please don't be the hunters. But the last lines were clear. Percy will be sacrificed to the Titan of Time, and I must save him.

With that I lost consciousness and slept.