Prologue

"Alpha, the transaction has proceeded. Over." A deep voice can be heard from the opposite end of the hidden earpiece.

"Copy that, Delta. Orlov, do you have a visual on the east end?"

"Affirmative, Alpha. "

"Good. On my signal, I want all units ready to go. Volkov and Molchalin get ready to distract all of the exits. Everyone in position."

"Ready on my 12."

"Ready on my 3.''

"Ready on my 9.''

"Now."

Out of earshot, the sounds of bullets can be heard. The team raided the worn-down building to rescue the hostages. Except, one person was left waiting in the shadows. Alpha. The leader remained three hundred feet away from the building, watching attentively the whole scene unfolding through the scope on the rifle. Ahead, red beaming light hiding ready to shoot the main target who is simply waiting to kill anyone who enters the bulletproof steel door.

One by one, enemies laid on the ground with bullets on their heads. Some of the men in my team were injured, luckily no casualties so far. My attention was now on the west end, as the Beta unit safely led the last hostages outside. I could see that some of the units on the east end were also struggling to fight off the enemies. It was clear that they were being outnumbered as they seek to cover. Having no choice but to commence, Operation Rainbow. I buzz the familiar number on the walkie talkie.

"Rainbow," I order. They immediately hang up and starts shooting like there was no tomorrow. When all of Delta units securely seek cover, all of the uninjured threw grenades in some areas of the first floor and the second floor. Windows were shattered and many more men were killed by the big explosion.

I looked back once again on the timer, which indicated me there were only four minutes left. Fuck. We were clearly running out of time. Even though Operation Rainbow has been initiated, there was no time to finish the target. I start to pack up my rifles and wore my disguise.

"How's Marley?" A random question was the code for terminating the mission. Stepping out to blend with the growing crowd, I hear on my left earpiece the sounds of the smoke bombs being thrown out.

"I have to go now. Bye, mom." I made my way over to Orlov who was wearing a sports team baseball cap. Taking a few pictures on my camera, I pretend to take images of the buildings around us. Making sure we were away from prying eyes, we both end the communication on each of our earpieces, discarding them into the sewers.

**********

I'm backk. I reread the first chapter and thought what the heck was wrong with me. The story was moving way too fast. Hence, I decided to write this rewrite this book. I really appreciate every single one of your comments and continuing to support me. Anywho, yall probably get tired of reading this long author's note. So, I'll just post author's notes that are important once in a while.

I'm sorry if I take so long to update both books(sadly I'm taking my summer classes online :( I hope you all could understand.)