An unexpected guest

(All rights belong to RoosterTeeth)

A week passed since Jaune's former friends and family broke into his home to try and dismantle the banished knights, but in the end the bikers won.and sent them home packing.

Jaune was was currently working on his own set of wheels when Trent came walking in.

Trent: boss we got a problem?!

Jaune: is it "them" again!

Trent: no boss we have some uninvited guy who says he needs a meeting with you now!

Jaune: who is this dude guest that demands a meeting

Trent: he says you should know his name since he's been in the news lately.

Jaune stopped.working when he heard that because Jaune was no dummy and he quickly put two and two together and quickly realized who Trent was talking about.

Jaune: have the Thompson brothers escort him in. Is he alone?!

Trent: according to Francisco he has some girl with ice cream like hair next to him

Jaune let out a huge sigh before pinching the bridge of his nose.

Jaune: let them in but tell everyone to be on guard and to be ready to "take care of them" in case they decided to make things difficult.

Trent nodded his head, as he knew to never question the boss. So with no other words spoken Trent took his leave.

A while later the Thompson brothers came walking in with company.

One was a man slightly older than Jaune wearing a white coat with a matching black bowler hat covering his orange hair. Jaune recognized him as Roman torchwick, an infamous criminal who had quite a reputation

Next to Roman was a girl about Jaune's age wearing a similar outfit that Romans. Jaune knew through his underground connections that her name was Neo Politan, and that even though she worked for Roman Jaune knew two things about her that most didn't know. One was despite her size she was a way better fighter than Roman, and two that she never talks

Jaune: Roman torchwick to what do I owe the pleasure?!

Roman: ah Zach's pet project, I heard that Zach trained someone on the inside before that person being you got released.

Jaune: how do you know Zach?!

Roman: kid it's best in our line of "work" to know who are the big fishes, and even though Zach is locked up his influence in the criminal underworld is still very powerful.

Jaune knew this was true as it was Zach's influence that got him released from prison

Jaune: so cut to the chase Roman, what do you want?!

Roman: a someone who does not like small talk and cuts right on two business, my kind of man.

Jaune just rolled his eyes as Roman had a reputation for being dramatic.

Roman: anyway kid I need some you to do some odd jobs for me, you and your crew have gained quite the reputation and I have a feeling he was a man I'm looking for if you are up for it.

Jaune could see that Roman was trying to play him, trick him as Roman was probably the most skilled liar and manipulator in all of remnant.

Jaune: let me guess these "jobs" are the kinds were me and my crew don't receive instructions until we're on sight.

Roman: wow you're are Zach's apprentice, that's exactly correct you see I need some parts but those under lock and key and normally I would do the job myself but I'm a busy man so I need to outsource.

Jaune: and since most of your goons are incompetent you need someone else to do the job.

Roman: yes you understand my pain

Jaune: what's in it for the banished knights?!

Roman snapped his fingers and on que Neo suddenly had a briefcase in her hands.

Jaune( her semblance must be some kind that create illusions)

Neo walked over to Jaune and slowly put the case to him. Jaune opened the briefcase and just as he suspected there was a lot of lien inside.

Roman: that's half, you get the rest when the job is done.

With that Roman took his leave with no other incident.

Jerry: boss you can't trust a guy like that!

Jaune: of course I don't, I suspect that if we do this job Roman will try to wipe us out.

Joey: then what are we going to do.

Jaune: we do the job and we destroy Romans empire, with that gone we will be one step closer to making Vale ours.

The Thompson brothers looked at each other with confused looks, knowing that if their boss had a plan, they will see it through.