thirty-nine

thank u guys for commenting and voting it means a lot to me that you're all enjoying this book:)

"What the fuck Ashley? Where the hell did you get a credit card?" I asked, staring at her in bewilderment.

"A friend," She shrugged, walking towards the mall exit. "Are you coming? We're on a time crunch."

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. She obviously wouldn't tell me what was happening, so I decided to no longer question it.

We stopped at iHop for lunch, before heading back to my parents house where I was told to start doing my hair and makeup. Confused as to what the hell was going on I complied, because even my parents wouldn't tell me what was happening.

After curling my hair and failing my many attempts at doing eyeliner, I threw on the dress and paired it with black pumps.

My mom, dad, Ashley and I headed out the door. Everyone was at least a bit dressed up, which confused me to no end.

About halfway through the car ride I was told to put on a blindfold, sighing I put the bandana over my eyes and tied it behind my head.

After a short amount of time I felt the car come to a stop, my mom helped me out and guided me on a five minute walk. We went up a few sets of stairs before walking for a few more minutes, then I was stopped and I felt my mom leave my side.

"Mom? Where'd you go? Is anyone gonna tell me what the hell is going on?"

I felt somebody begin to untie the bandana, and it was swiftly moved away from my face.

I blinked a couple times so my eyes could adjust to the brightness of the room I was in. There were cords and speakers placed around the room. To my left there were guitars, and what looked to be a drum set. To my left there was a table with food and water.

I was more confused than ever.

"Where the hell are we?" I turned around, expecting to be met with my family, but who was standing there instead?

Harry.

I jumped into his arms, huge smiles plastered on both of our faces. I was shocked to see him, and confused as to how this happened, but nonetheless I was happy.

"What? Harry! How did this-- what?" I spoke as he set me down.

Multiple people in the room around us laughed at my reaction, which made me feel a twinge of embarrassment. I quickly got over it once Harry pulled me in for a hug, kissing my forehead.

"Let's go on a walk, yeah?" He asked.

I nodded and grabbed his hand as he led me out of the room and into a back hallway.

"Before I asked you to come on tour with me I asked them if we could add a show in New York towards the end of September. That way we wouldn't have to be away for two months," He grinned.

"I'm glad you did, I was going crazy without you." I pecked him on the lips. "How everyone kept this a surprise for so long will be a mystery to me. But I'm happy you're here."

"I even got them to let me have you stay the night. I would have come and stayed at your parents but um, we wouldn't have had much privacy." He wiggled his eyebrows.

I laughed and nodded. "I'm excited to see you perform. It's been too long."

Truly, that was the thing that I was most excited for. Harry always put his all into every show he did, he had so much passion for his work and you could see it every time he was on stage.

"I'm kinda nervous to be honest. I don't want to mess anything up since you're here."

My heart melted, "I doubt you'll mess anything up Harry. You're amazing."

He smiled, swinging our hands as we walked for a few more minutes.

"What time does the show start?" I asked.

"In about an hour. We finished soundcheck just before you got here... They should be letting people in now. Are you gonna watch from backstage or in the audience?"

"Maybe both, you know, to get the full experience."

"Sounds good to me. We should start heading back now, they're gonna want to check a bunch of things last minute before it starts."

I nodded and we turned the other way, walking back to the stage area.

As soon as we arrived, Harry was pulled from me to hair and makeup. I walked over to my parents, who were admiring the props that were soon to be put on stage. Ashley handed me a backstage pass, as screaming began to erupt from the audience.

I peaked my head into the audience area, seeing that the pit was already filled with people. Lots of them were crying, or smiling, many of them already had their phones out ready to take videos.

As the time came closer for Harry to go on stage, my parents and Ashley made their way to the pit, while I stood by where he was going to go one, wanting to see him one last time.

The lights were dimmed and screams were the only thing that could be heard. The opening chords to Ever Since New York started playing. Harry came running out of his dressing room with a guitar strapped around his torso, running over to me we kissed, then he was shooed out onto the stage. The screaming became much louder, which I didn't think was possible.

As he was singing I found myself trying not to cry. The proudness that I felt for him made me emotional, he was the most amazing human being I've ever met.

And out of everyone he could have been with, he chose me.

After a few songs I made my way to the pit so I could get the full experience. Seeing the way he acted on stage warmed my heart. He tried his best to interact with his fans as best he could, it made me happy.

The rest of the show went by smoothly. He danced his heart out and sang amazingly. I teared up a bit during Meet Me in the Hallway, but other than that I managed to keep my composure.

After the encore he thanked the fans for coming and supporting him, giving a small speech the lights came back up and he walked off, screams erupting from the crowd.

He walked over to me first, leaning in for a kiss.

"Oh no you don't. You're stinky and sweaty, I'll kiss you after you change."

Harry glared playfully and disappeared into the dressing room. My parents walked over to me, talking about how much they enjoyed the show.

"Are you staying the night with Harry?" My mom asked.

"Yeah, I am. I'll be back early tomorrow morning, I have work at noon," I nodded to her.

Harry walked out of his dressing room and over to us, hugging both of my parents. "How'd you guys like the show?"

"I think Ashley's a little starstruck." I laughed.

"It was amazing Harry. Thank you for inviting us." My dad smiled.

"I think we should get going, it's getting quite late. We'll see you tomorrow Bella, and thank you again for having us Harry." My mom gave me a hug before being escorted out.

"Wanna head to the hotel?"

"Of course."

That night we spent catching up on everything that happened during the past month. He told me stories about the first few shows, leaving me more excited than before to join him.