Chapter Seven ✔️

A few weeks had passed and Hogwarts was clearly moving in to winter, the last leaves falling from the trees leaving only the icy branches behind. The ground had become harder, the grass covered with frost in the morning that almost looked like snow from the windows of the castle. As well as that, the many roofs of the castle becoming whiter with frost every day. Students were beginning to wear their scarves, the colour matching the colour of their houses, and rushing from building to building to avoid the biting winds. The grounds of Hogwarts began to get progressively emptier as people who used to relax outside in the autumn sun were now littering the hallways or the great hall instead in an attempt to stay warm, congregating around fireplaces.

However, an exception to people staying indoors was the big Quidditch game that day. Gyffindor and Slytherin had both been training and today was the day of their match, creating even more tension between the already feuding houses. Despite Alice hating the idea of flying, she somewhat enjoyed watching the sport, though she looked away if someone got injured.

The great hall was buzzing with excitement in the morning, especially the Gryffindor table, confident that they were going to bring home another win. Mostly, the students were slagging off Slytherin, but the favour was returned as the Slytherin students were giving the Gryffindor's the same treatment.

"Just try not to die, okay?" Alice asked Harry over breakfast. Of course she said it in a joking way, but she was always worried about her best friend. Considering who he was, she knew that he was a big target for the Slytherin beaters, and they wouldn't go easy on him.

"Don't worry about me, I'm the boy who lived, not the boy who died falling off a broom." He replied, a grin on his face. Alice rolled her eyes at him, she knew he was joking, he wasn't really a cocky person. It just amused Harry to joke around with the stupid titles that the press gave him.

"Keep that attitude up and you'll be the boy with no friends in a minute." She replied with a serious expression, making Harry laugh. Once breakfast was finished the group decided to head down to the pitch, careful not to slip on the icy courtyard as they crossed it. To prevent any potential mishaps, Alice linked her arm through Harry's. At the very least, she figured if she went down, he'd be going with her.

They made their way across the grounds, wind biting at their noses and painting their cheeks red. Instead of going straight to find seats, Alice and Hermione were stood at the tunnel where the teams enter the pitch, since they had both decided that they wanted to wish the boys luck just before they went on and find seats as the match began. 

It was somewhat awkward as Ron and Hermione were in a weird state of not really talking, but luckily Harry and Alice were perfectly capable of carrying a conversation.

Harry was talking Ron through their tactics for the match, since Harry was the captain of the team, and while this was happening Alice discreetly pulled Ginny away from the conversation. Ginny was also a member of the Gyffindor team, and she was very good, which she attributed to growing up playing with her brothers.

"Do you have any idea where Lavender is?" Alice asked quietly to Ginny once they were far enough away from the others to not be heard. "Trust me, I'm not complaining that she's not here, I'm quite grateful for that actually, I just figured she'd be all over your brother at the minute."

"Well, she actually came up to me in the common room earlier..." A mischievous smile broke out on Ginny's face, Alice egged her on. "She had said she wanted to see Ron before he went on, but I didn't really want to put up with her, so I gave her the wrong directions. She should be in the men's loo right about now."

Alice couldn't stop a laugh from escaping and drawing a couple of eyes their way, Ginny couldn't look prouder. 

"You, my friend, are a genius." Alice praised as they rejoined the group. Ginny nodded, grin still on her face as she agreed with the statement.

You're Safe With Me ( Draco Malfoy )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें