Chapter Twenty-Four

Alice and Draco woke up to the blinding morning sun making it's way through the shabby curtains in their room, the orange light in their faces pulling them from sleep. Alice woke up first, but was so conformable laying on her boyfriend's chest that she simply couldn't be bothered to move. Turning her head slightly, she looked up at Draco's face through her eyelashes.

It was one of the rare times in which he genuinely seemed at peace. His lips were slightly parted and his hair was a mess, but there was no trace of the usual worry that played on his features. 

"I can feel you staring at me." He murmured suddenly, making Alice jump which made him smirk. Considering that he had just woken up, his voice was considerably deeper than normal, Alice could feel his chest rumble when he spoke.

"Well it's not a bad view." She spoke softly. Draco opened his eyes slightly, looking down at the girl laying in his arms, and he couldn't stop a smile breaking out on his face. "What're you smiling at?" 

"You." He replied simply. When Alice raised an eyebrow, he elaborated. "I've got the most amazing girl in the world in my arms, how could I not be smiling?"

Alice blushed at his compliment, burying her head in his chest to stop him from seeing, which made him smile even more.

"Shut up," She muttered, still trying to hide her blush. A soft laugh escaped Draco's lips as he began running his fingers through her hair.

After a few minutes, Alice sat up in the bed, stretching her arms up with a yawn. What she didn't see was Draco watching her like she was the most magical thing he had ever seen.

After letting her eyes adjust to the morning sun, Alice noticed two piles of clothes sat to the side of the door, one with a note on top. Confused, she swung her feet over the side of the bed and padded over to the two piles, the wooden floor uncomfortably cold on her feet. Before she even reached the clothes, she was stopped by a low whistle coming from Draco.

"Look at you," He murmured, smirk on his face as he took in what Alice was wearing. Alice scoffed as her boyfriend stared at her. "I think you should come back over here now, you know." 

"Stop being so impatient," She replied, bending down to pick up the note on the clothes, reading it out loud. "Since your clothes are still at Hogwarts, I've picked some things out for the two of you. Ginny and Ron's clothes seem like they'd fit fine, let me know if there's any problems! Signed, Molly." She finished reading to a rather over-dramatic groan from Draco.

"I don't want to wear Ronald's clothes, he's got a terrible fashion sense. What if I catch a disease from his clothes?" He asked exasperatedly, sitting up in the bed revealing his unclothed upper body.

"What kind of diseases would you possibly catch from someones clothes?" Alice asked, placing the note on the dresser and then moving her hands to her hips. 

"I could go ginger." He replied, dead-pan. Although she was trying to focus on anything else, her eyes kept getting drawn to Draco's torso. A cocky smirk appeared on his lips. "You're staring, sweetheart."

"Oh, um..." Alice blushed and looked away, a low chuckle came from Draco. 

"Stop staring and get over here." He demanded. 

Alice walked to the side of the bed, where Draco took her by the waist and guided her to sit on his lap. Not being able to help himself, he bit his lip looking at her in just her pants and his shirt, running his hand up and down her thigh softly. Alice's hands had moved to Draco's chest, she leaned down and kissed him. At first the kiss was soft, gentle and sweet, but that quickly changed when Alice gently bit Draco's bottom lip. It was as if that was a tipping point for him, as he sat up and pulled Alice further in to him, moving his hands to her bum instead and squeezing not-so-gently. Not being able to help herself, Alice let out a soft moan, which only fuelled Draco on more. Breaking the kiss, she leaned down to kiss his neck, which caused a groan to leave his lips.