One Year Ago

The Percy Jackson franchise does not belong to me, nor does the Supernatural franchise. Story plot and major characters a mainly not mine, though some aspects may belong to me. I may or may not choose to change certain aspects of the story or of the character, and this is by no means disrespect to the wonderful creators. Thank you.

Percy had just wanted a Pepsi. He didn't know he was entering a bar that only people aware of the supernatural world could see, or that one of the men from the bar would drug his drink. Either way, that was the case.

He'd been chatting happily to the bartender, looking confused when the bar owner mentioned vampires. Percy liked the man nonetheless.

"What's the most recent thing you've killed?" Jack, the bartender, asked.

"Minotaur," Percy said, almost jokingly. Of course, Percy had killed the Minotaur many times before, but the meat head always came back for more.

Jack raised an eyebrow, seemingly surprised at Percy's answer for the wrong reasons, "That's some rough business right there. What'd you do to get on a Greek baddies bad side?"

Percy figured Jack was a legacy, or maybe a clear sighted mortal, so he responded, "Killed Mr. Minotaur when I was twelve. He's just kept coming back for more since then."

Jack furrowed his brows for a moment, before his eyes widened slightly with realization. The bartender had heard of demigods before, but had never met one. Hunters had different opinions on them. Some said they weren't real. Others said that they were generally good people. Others believed that their blood was monstrous, just like the creatures that often tried to kill them.

Jack thought Percy was nice, so he didn't say anything. This kid who wasn't even old enough for a drink didn't deserve to have his blood staining the floorboards.

Percy and Jack had both been unfocused, so neither noticed the change in Percy's drink. They talked for awhile more, Jack slowly revealing things about the Hunter world to Percy, watching him with curiosity. Percy had reacted better than expected.

"That makes since. I mean, it's not surprising there are other monsters, and then some more people to kill the monsters. So, are you a Hunter then?" Percy asked, taking another sip of his Pepsi.

"Nah, but my old man was. I decided to open the bar, and I have killed a few baddies that came around here. I would be taking care of the werewolves that moved in uptown, but the Winchester's have got that down. Just came here, in fact. John and Dean. John's a great Hunter, and so are his sons, but I think that's no way to raise a kid. His other son, Sam, apparently left for college not too long ago. His old man's real proud, though he won't say so. Dean's at another table in here, hanging around. He's a great guy. 23 years old and can handle a monster better than most," Jack explained, watching as Percy blinked a few times, trying to keep up.

"I'm a bit tired I guess. Morpheus might want to show me something, but it's probably more likely that I'm just tired. I'll see you later, Jack. Watch yourself," Percy said, smiling wearily and waving a goodbye.

Three people watched Percy leave. One was Jack. Another was Dean. The last was a man named Mark, who had been watching Percy the entire time.

Mark had followed after him.

Percy didn't own a car. His parents had told him he'd be getting one, but they had died before they could get it for him. He'd wished they'd be there with him, but he knew he'd see them again someday.

If Percy had owned a car, the entire world would be different.

Percy walked up the street, plugging earphones into the monster proof phone that Leo, a friend of his, had made.