Chapter 2: Trap.

Lirina P.O.V

I keep waking up every night from a nightmare of my parents getting killed. Like why? Why take them of all things? You can't just capture them instead? Makes no sense at all. I understand they wanted revenge, but at the same time if we didn't step up. They would have been exposed.

I'm sure they wouldn't want that. Then the government would be on everyone asses and not just them. None of us would have freedom over their selfishness. It's always their selfish ways ruining things, because they vampires thinking they are better. One day they will realize it's not that easy to be top propriety.

I am now officially 18. It's sad not having my parents here on my birthdays. I will always have one candle on my cake or food and pray for them. Telling them I love them. It's the best I can do for now. I can't really do much but I'm glad I found this place. Glad that I also secured it. I would smell the vampires talking outside or running past.

They still searching for those who survived to be kept as food or slavery to them. Putting those wood up help. They try opening this door, but they realized it is sealed. Plus, this town is closed. So, they know it's no purpose here. They keep passing by though to make sure if any run passing through here.

I stretch right now and stand up. Went to go potty then walk back into the office. I find the sink. I wash off my body with the soap I found and try to untangle my hair.

'Goodmorning Rina'

'Goodmorning Jess. How's your sleep?' I asked. Brushing my teeth with a toothpaste and my finger. Then washing my hands.

'Great. I tore those sons of a bitches to pieces' she says smiling.
Making me laugh.

'Sounds like a great dream' I respond. I'm small but also a decent height. My hair is shoulder length. Still black and my eyes is more like a golden treasure. I feel myself stronger than before.   

I walk out the office finding something to eat. I grab a can of coke and mac & cheese. Not exactly great but decent to keep my belly full.

I walk back into my office and sit down in a chair. I open the can of mac & cheese and eat it. Ewe soggy. I keep eating finishing it. Then open my coke drinking it.

'I'm getting tired of living like this. All I have is small shorts on and a tank top'

'Be thankful we even find those clothes in one of the lockers. Otherwise, you be still naked' she says.

'Yeah, that's true but we been staying here since I was 15 or 14. I don't pay attention' I respond shrugging my shoulder leaning in the chair.

'Yea and we survive that's what matters. We do have to risk going hunting. I need meat in my system'

'Ok. When would be the perfect time to take down the boards on the door and hunt?' I say standing up stretching.

'Right now, actually. It's still daytime. Morning. Perfect time to hunt. We still have to be careful though'

I walk out the office over to the door. 'How many you want to hunt?'

'I don't want to over hunt but enough so it lasted a couple months'

'Alright. Let's go hunting then' she help me take down the boards with her strength. We put it down on the floor next to it. I open the door smelling the air. It Reaks like vampire's scent. I shrug my shoulder looking around. She was right, right now is perfect to haunt.

I shift and take off running into the forest being careful. Sniffing the air. I smell a group of elks close by. Not wasting anymore time. I tackle a 4 of them and bite into their neck killing them. I then grab each neck in my mouth. Walking off towards our house. I step on something.

'Shit! Trap' Just as she said that. My food was stuck in between metal bars.

'Ahh...how do I get my feet out?' I asked whining. Trying to shake it off but can't. Seeing their chains connected to it.

'Let me do it'

I let her drop the 4 elks. She then uses her teeth to pull them apart taking a couple minutes. She smells vampires from afar.

'Hurry! They are coming' I respond nervously.

She rushes pulling the last metal bar off. She grabs the 4 Deers and try to run with our hurting paw. We rush inside and drop the Deers. She then shifts.

'Hurry put the wood up'

I did as I was asked and hammer the wood back up on the door. I then shift and grab the 4 deer putting it in the office and closing the door. Tucking wood underneath so the smell won't travel far. Rushing back and sit down against the wall breathing hard. Holding my feet.

We soon hear a couple footsteps outside. I cover my mouth.

"Where is this mutt?" One man said.

"You telling me it slipped out of the fucking trap. Are you serious?" One female voice said a little rough.

"Yes, but he or she can't be far. I'm sure it damages them. And from the scent. They are definitely hiding in this abandon town" he responds.

"They better be or I'm going to kill you off. We can't have pathetic losers who can't even catch the mutt. Let's go and tell the others. Reset that trap" she says.

"Yes ma'am" he says. Soon it was quiet meaning they left. I breathe out relief.

'Now we know they would put more traps in this town. We got to be more careful now'

'It's too late on being careful. They know we in this town. Which means. They are going to search every place head to toe' she responds.

'So, we are going to die? I don't want to die this young. What are you planning at?' I respond with shaking hands. I rub them together trying to calm them down.

'You are not going to die but what I'm saying is...'

'We have to kill each one that enter this building'