Chapter 6

"Good morning girl!" Allie appears through the door.

" Good morning Allie!" I greet her back.

"You're quite early." She says dropping her bags by her desk and approaching me. "Damn you look good girl! Your auburn hair, and I like your all black outfit!" She compliments me.

"Thanks Allie! You look good too! Love the colour!" I respond.
While I'm dressed in a black shirt tucked under a black trouser, she's dressed in a pretty peach pink.

She smiles in response.
"What you got here?" She asks pointing at the pile of papers on my desk.

"Info. Take a look at this." I say, handing over a small map.

"What is this?" She asks me.

"It's like a trail. The schools aren't all in the same neighbourhood but somehow he's moving from certain places. Leaving breadcrumbs of some sort. These are all well planned murders. I'm assuming that the next murder could be from this area." I circle an area on the map.

"So the school name's gotta start with letter E? East High?" She asks.

"Has to be. But there's one problem. The admission number could end with number 6, and it'll be a boy. But there could be so many kids whose admission numbers end with 6. I mean, it is sort of a big school after all. Isn't it?"

"Hmmm. Let's talk about it during the meeting. Now relax. Yea?"

I smile in response.

"Good morning girls!" Eric greets us.

"Morning Eric!" We greet him back.

"Here!" I hand over cups of coffee along with bagels.

"Thank you girl!!!" Allie screams.

"Woah. Thanks!" Eric thanks me.

I laugh at their reactions.

At the meeting we discuss on how to track down the man behind all these murders and his next move.

The next kid could be from East High, but how do we know the admission number? I bring this up during the meeting.

"That does appear to be a problem!" Jason says. "They must have something in common."

"Well they all took mandarin lessons from one trainer, Mr. Kevin. If that's even a thing! He doesn't have many students anyways." Eric says.

"Wait that's it!" I exclaim.
"Maybe this Kevin has an adversary? Someone who envies him?"

"Could be. Then we just have to go to East High, find a list of students who take lessons from him, and find an admission number that ends with 6. Right?" Jason adds.

"If only there's one student with an admission number that ends with 6, in the list." I say, not sure how far this will all succeed.

A while later, Eric and Christine arrive back from East High.

"How'd it go?" Jason asks them.

"Well luckily, Eric here seems to be quite the ladies man. Apparently one of his many female "friends" happens to work there. So it wasn't that difficult getting the details." Christine explains. Eric smirks and nods his head.

At this, we can't help but laugh. Eric as he would say "used" to go on many dates. That's what he says!

"Let's see what it says." Jason reaches out to the file Eric is handing him.

"There are only 5 kids in this list. Only five students from such a huge school takes his class? Why?" Jason asks, shocked.

"They say the entrance exams for his classes are pretty high. He is very picky about the students he picks. Not like he picks only the talented kids or the ones with less talents. God knows how he filters his students. He's bloody rich too! Look at this." Eric says dropping his iPad on to the desk.

There's pictures of his house, his vehicle. Judging by all what he owns, he must be quite rich!

"All right then! This is how we'll work. Eric and Christine, find out his schedule for tomorrow. Judging by the admission number, if we are right, it has to be this kid, Sean. Allie, Jerome, find out about this kid, his schedule for tomorrow. Nigella, you're going with me to the place where Jessica was found dead. All clear?" Jason finishes.

Everyone responds with a loud "Yes!".
They never seem to complain about the workload or the fact that Jason seems to boss around. Everyone here enjoys and loves what they do. Which I find, very encouraging.

So we leave.
Thus begins the investigations!