Chapter 9

"Girl you look pale!" Allie sits next to me. "You know you're gonna have to get used to this right?"

"Yea I know. It's just. Weird." I respond.

"Specially since you had to witness a first case like that. How often does someone's first case end up with a dead victim?" Christine adds. "Maybe a half day would help?"

"No. No I'm okay. I just would like a change of clothes. And then I have to work on Andrew Wilson's case. Would be good to continue a normal day." I answer.

"Well then, go freshen up!" Allie smiles.

I take my bag with the clothes inside it. They had me informed about how I should bring an extra clothing just in case. Lucky for me!

While having a shower, flashbacks from the incident flood inside my head, on repeat.
I'm gonna have to get used to this. He was a dangerous man anyways. But all that did go in vain, we didn't find out about his sponsor.

I get changed and head outside. Back to work!

Mr Andrew Wilson, murdered.
By who?

I go over to my work space and pin the pictures of the suspects on the board. Mrs Wilson, the beloved wife of Mr Wilson was aware of the fact that her husband was seeing another woman. This woman, her best friend's wife. It would've given her motive to shoot her own husband, except they've got two kids. During our little visit she praised her husband.
Is she a suspect or not?
Could she have done it?

I pin her picture up on the board, when Jason approaches me.

"Think she could've done it?" He asks me.

"She obviously would have a motive. But the question is, could that sort of a woman have pulled the trigger?"

"Okay, elaborate." He folds his arms bringing them upto his chest, and leans on the desk behind him.

"Okay. So..." I pick up a marker pen from my pencil holder and jot down my points on the board. "Even though she had motive, she is also a mother of two. She said it herself, her kids needed a father. And no matter what it was, she wouldn't kill him over cheating. Apparently they fell out of love. Both of them. But they talked it over for the safety of the kids. Now it could be all a fat big lie. But something tells me, she wouldn't have done it."

"Fine. What about her then?" He points at Monica Adler's photo.

"Well, she may seem like the person with the least motive. Given the fact that she was dating Mr Wilson. Apart from that, I don't see why she would kill him. Unless of course he had blackmailed her in some way. But Mr Wilson? Blackmail someone? Doesn't seem possible." I answer him.

"Fair enough. But you never know who you're dealing with Nigella. Either ways, why doesn't he seem like the person to blackmail someone?" He asks me.

"Okay. Well, Mr Wilson did see another woman. But he told his wife about what had happened. Also, according to Mrs Wilson, he had already talked to Mrs Adler about how they had to stop seeing each other. And I guess they did stop seeing each other." I explain.
Just stating the facts.

"Mr Adler?"

"Mr Adler, could have much more motive than any of the suspects. He loved his wife. But then again, he wouldn't have hurt his best friend. There is something going on. Something we are missing." I finish.

"Okay well if it helps, we could go see Mr and Mrs Adler. Unless you're not up for it today. I totally get it." He tells me.

"No! I wanna go!" I exclaim. "I wanna get to the bottom of this."