Chapter 13

Haloperidol(Haldol), a typical anti-psychotic medication used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder, in which its patients often confuse their hallucinations, disorganised thinking and delusions to be the reality, when it is not.

Drugs of this sort carry immense side effects. Including what I'm currently suffocating from.

"Stay calm! Or you'll end up in a much more difficult state the next time you wake up. That's if you do wake up." The tall muscular guy grins, showing his sharp teeth. He looks like a scary shark that could tear me into a million pieces.
He along with his other mate, who unlike him, happens to be a nicer person, untie me.

"There you go! You're free now." The nice guy informs me, with a kind smile that spread across his face.

"Oh come on Sam!" the other guy says.

"Shut up Frankie!" Sam replies.

"You may both leave now, you too Chloe. I'd like to have a word with the girl." I hear a lady speak.
A familiar voice. She wanted me here.It was her.

She enters the room, the tall, fair woman with short blonde hair. 

"Doctor Tiffany." I say.

"Nigella. How are you feeling?" she asks me.

"Was the injection really necessary? I was asleep for two days!"

"We had to, so that no suspicions were to arise. You are Jane until you remain at the asylum. A patient suffering from schizophrenia." she explains to me.

"I'm not psychotic Tiffany."

"No you're not." she sighs. "Why don't you tidy up a bit? Breakfast is served from half past seven, till it's half past nine." she informs me, turning around and heading over to the door. "Oh! Jane? Keep your eyes on, her." she says, directing her eyes toward Chloe's bed.

As she heads outside, Chloe enters the room again.

"All good?" she asks me, a look of sincere concern on her face.

"Yea." I reply, smiling for the first time since I got here.

"Okay then. Tidy up, let's go for breakfast." 

I do as she had asked me to. I have a shower and get dressed in another gown, its green, just like the one Chloe had worn after a bath. It's all the same pattern. Just different colours.

When I'm done, Chloe leads me to the cafeteria. 
As we get there. all faces turn to look at me. Like I'm an alien that had just descended from another planet.

"It'll be for a few minutes. You're entrance at the asylum wasn't major compared to what we have seen here before."
I grab my food after she does.
"Over there. Let's join them." she points at a table where a girl and two boys are seated, having their breakfast. As I follow her, I realise that she was right. The number of faces that turned to look at me, were now reducing by the second. They were all slowly going back to eating, or having chit chats. Like I'm one of them now.

Am I? Am I not?

"Hey Jane! I'm Michelle." the pleasant girl with dark black short hair, and wide eyes, offers to shake hands. 
"Good to see you!" I reply, shaking hands and having a seat.

"This is Jordan." Chloe points at one of the two boys, seated with us. Jordan, pale white skin and light black hair. He's got a few tattoos, just like Michelle, and the guy seated next to him.

"Hey!" Jordan greets me.

"And, Kyle."

"Hi!" Kyle greets me as well.

I can tell, that they are all quite nice. But why are they here? That I already know of.
But once I am close enough, I'll ask them myself. Again.

After breakfast, we head over to what looks like a study. Before we head inside, Sam from earlier today calls my name. "Miss Jane. Doctor Tiffany would like to see you now."

"Uh oh. Din't cause any trouble did ya?" Michelle asks me.

"No such thing. She would like to have a word, since it's her first day here." Sam responds, looking back from Michelle, at me again.

I follow him into a dark passage with not very bright lighting. We speak of nothing, until we get in front of Tiffany's cabin. "In you go." he opens the cabin door for me.

"Thank you!" I thank him as I enter the cabin.

"Jane! Come on in!" Tiffany welcomes me. "Have a seat." she walks up from behind her desk, offering me a seat on the sofa with a black velvet material.

"How do you feel now?" she asks me.

"Better. Thank you for asking." I respond, while taking a seat.

"I want to thank you for doing this. Really!" she thanks me,

"You don't have to Tiffany. I'm doing my job. It's all good." I manage a smile.

She smiles back. 
"It's so good to see you again! You look even prettier now." she complements me.

I laugh at her comment. Forty eight hours in here, more or less, has turned me into a zombie as I feel it. A complement of this sort at a time like this, makes me doubt about my appearance all in all.
"You don't look bad yourself."
Now it's her turn to laugh.

"Well, given your entrance at the asylum, it would seem weird to allow any visitors. Hence I had to ask them to make it look like they were here to see me." she explains.

"What do you mean? Who are you talking about?" I ask her, filled with more doubts and questions than I could process, with a headache so bad. Even if it has decreased a bit now, allowing me to act like a normal human being. Much more normal than I was earlier today.

"That must be them." she turns to look at the door, as someone knocks on it. "I'll let you guys talk for a while." she says, rising to her feet and leaving out the door.

I'm staring at the closed door, mouth open wide. 
The door opens again.

Chris? Jason???

As soon as I see him, a familiar feeling of being at home takes over me.
I'm in pain, and I could still run toward him and hug him tight.
But I can't.
I won't.
That's not how it works.

Not anymore...