Part 18

Kalani

I've been feeling better since the shooting and my body is healing up quicker than I thought. My dad has been blowing my phone up since I kicked him out earlier. He can't tell me shit about how i live my life and that by itself makes him angry. I've been checking on Kim all day because I know she was still upset with him too. I made a mental note to call her in the morning before I left the house.

I'll be hitting the streets for the first time since Jeremy bitch ass shot me. I know I had to explain to Don what happened between me and Jeremy because if he shot my car up then he had to be the one who shot the club up a couple days before. The nigga was gunning for me and i thought it was somebody after Don the whole time. I owed him the whole story because he saved me, so I was willing to relive my past for the last time.

He started war and brung the beast back out in me.

I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on the hottest it could get. A hot shower was much needed after today. I took all my clothes off and jumped right in letting the water hit my face. I took a deep breath because this shit felt good as hell. I heard keys letting me know that Donovan was home. I'm not used to being by myself, so like any other day i missed him. The thought of him being with his babymama took over my thoughts. He told me haven't fucked her in years, but you never know with these niggas. Niggas love they babymamas. I shook it off my shoulders, but if I get out of this shower and he tell me some bullshit we're going to have a problem. I lathered my body in my strawberry creme Olay body wash and hopped out feeling better than ever. I put on one of Don's T-shirts and slipped on my Tommy Hilfiger boy shorts.
______
"So you not talkin to a nigga, wassup wit you?"
We sat on the couch eating the dinner I just put together. I made fried chicken, cabbage, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread.
"Wassup wit you? Ya phone all of a sudden die when you get wit ya babymama."
"Man chill out, ain't nobody fucked up on that girl."
"The way I got hung up on I can't tell." I rolled my eyes.
"I told you my phone was dying! What the fuck i gotta lie to you for. I ran into her at the damn grocery store Kalani damn." He had an annoyed look on his face, but i didn't give a fuck.
"I dont give a fuck about you raising your voice. You knew ya phone was dying before you saw her. The way you was moving looked weird as hell, that's all. Laughing and smiling and shit. What she say that was so funny?" I spat back.
"Man i'm not bout to do this shit wit you cuh." He got up and put his plate on the counter before walking towards his man cave."
I wasn't trying to make him mad but the shit looked hella weird if you ask me. I havent been fuckin with him long, but we've been entertaining each other long enough. Everyday since i got shot he's been by my side and catered to my every need, but I wasn't gone play with no nigga going back and forth to his babymama. I don't trust her at all cause i could tell the bitch is still in love with him. He was just too dumb to realize.

I sat on the couch watching episodes of How To Get Away With Murder. I could watch this shit all day, I love me some Professor Keating.
My phone rang, distracting me from my show.
"Hey babes." I answered as soon as I saw it was my best friend.
"What you doin hoe."
"Watchin tv, wassup slut."
"I miss you." I laughed at her because she literally just left an hour ago.
"Bitch I was just with you. You home?"
"Hell naw i ain't sittin in that big ass house by myself." I heard Rocc laughing in the background letting me know she was still ducked off.
"On god i said the same shit. Don had me sitting in this big ass house scared as hell." They both laughed at me.
"Where he at? What yall doin?"
"I made him mad. He's in his cave." I said, making myself laugh.
"Don't be over there fuckin wit my bro cuh!" Rocc yelled.
Don walked back in the kitchen making me laugh even harder. If he wanted to be mad over his lil bitch he could. It was just making him look guilty as hell.
"Shut up Rocc. We not doing nothing i thought we was gone spend some time together but i guess not." I said, shooting him a look.
"Get off the phone and come here." He said with a serious face.
I ignored him and kept talking to my best friend.
"If you don't go get that dick. Cause that's all yo ass want." I burst out in laughter because she wasn't lying. I haven't bust a nut since the night Don sucked the life out of my pussy, and I wanted him in the worst way. I could feel him killing me with his eyes before he got up and walked away.
"Shutup. You get on my fuckin nerves bro."
"Go get ya man cause im bout to go upstairs and go get mines. I love you, call me in the morning so we can go get more stuff for the boutique. goodnight."
"I love you too, goodnight stupid."
I hung up and finished watching TV.