Part 26

Shanice

I was on my fourth client this morning and thank god it's my last one. I'm tired of being on my feet and I'm hungry as hell.

"You want crimps, regular curls, or straight?" I asked my client.

"You can give me crimps. I never had em before." She said.

"Well it's gonna be fire for ya first time." I said.

I crimped her hair layer by layer. 30 minutes later I was spraying her down.

"You like?" I spun her around in the chair towards the mirror letting her see the final look.

"Yessss, thank you so much!" She said, swinging her hair back and forth.

"Your welcome boo. Thank you for coming." I said.

She paid me and I started cleaning up my area, so I can get out of here. I was up all night getting orders together and had to wake up early to get here to my clients, so I'm tired as hell.

The alarm rung letting me know somebody walked in.

Two dudes walked in looking unfamiliar.

"Hey, can I help you guys with anything today?" I asked.

"Yes, is the owner here?"

"No, she's out right now. I'm running the show today. What's going on?" I asked.

"I was told the owner of this shop knew my brother. I was trying to talk to her about some shit." One of the guys said.

"And who may your brother be?" I asked.

"His name is Jeremy. He used to date her a while back. Can you leave my number for her to give me a call?" He said.

I looked at him like he had shit on his face.

"I will definitely let her know. No promises for a call, but I'll pass the message." I said before the two dudes walked towards the door.

"What you mean no promises for a call? I better get a call back to that number or I'll definitely be back in this bitch shorty." He turned around giving me a look that could've killed me where I stood.

"Like I said, no promises but I will let her know you came by. Now if you could let yourselves out it would be very much appreciated." I stood at the door waiting for the three dudes to exit the shop. I had eyes on my strap and I wasn't boutta play with these niggas.

My phone rang, Incoming call from Baby 🖤😩 popped up on my screen. I answered the call, but still had my eyes on my prey as he smirked at me like he wanted to make a move.

"Yo, who the fuck is that!" Rocc yelled through the phone.

They walked out and headed to their cars. They sat in the parking lot for a while before finally pulling off.

"Hello?" Rocc said.

"Yeah, where you at?" I began cleaning around the shop.

"I'm at Mama Dee house, why are you at the shop while it's closed?" He said.

"I had appointments today, so technically it's not closed." I rolled my eyes.