Chapter 34: A Friendly Visit

Begin!

~Beatrice's POV

"Can I take off the blindfold yet?"

"No, just a few more steps!"

I sighed and continued letting Bertrand lead me through our new house. We had Quinten and Karen downstairs with the guys helping us move in, but Bertie said he had something to show me upstairs first. He won't tell me what it is and the suspense was driving me crazy!

I felt him stop. "Ok, now!"

I took the blindfold off and gasped. He had brought me to the room we had chosen to be the baby's room, only it was fully decorated already. Since we weren't sure what we were having, the color for the room was cyan. I could see that Bertie had been busy with this room. He had set up everything already. The crib was in the corner of the room and there was a soft armchair beside it. (For if one of us needed to tend to the baby.) There was a dresser in the other corner, a chest full of toys, a reading lamp, and a bookshelf in the back for storing books to teach them to read. It was comfortable and warm.

"Oh Bertrand, did you do all this yourself?"

"I had Quinten help me build some of this stuff..." He replied sheepishly. "That's why he disappeared on you the first hour into us starting to move in..."

"So what that means is this crib will fall apart if I put anything in it?"

He laughed, "No! We made sure it's sturdy! Do you like it?"

"Of course I do, honey. It's perfect!"

"Well, it's not finished yet." He stepped behind the door and dragged a box out of hiding. He reached inside and pulled out some giant, painted, wood letters. "Once we know which name we're using I'm gonna hang these up on the wall behind the crib to spell it out, and I got some smaller ones to hang on the door so everyone knows this is the kid's room. I got a whole alphabet set to make sure we don't run out of whatever letters we need."

I was smiling so big at his thoughtful gesture. "You've thought of everything, haven't you?"

"Just about, now I just need to finish baby-proofing the backyard-"

"Bertrand!"

"What?"

"You can't baby-proof nature," I said, giggling uncontrollably.

"Sure I can! We just need to cut the thorns on all those roses and trim the bushes..." I ignored the rest as he went on a ramble about how he was going to do this.

I patted my stomach, "Daddy's being silly, isn't he?"

Apparently, Bertie heard that through his rant. "I am not! I'm being responsible!"

I rolled my eyes. "Well Mr. Responsible if you need me I'll be downstairs with Karrie."

Upon finding Karrie, I told her about the new baby's room and she said she'd look at it later once we're finished with everything else. I was thankful to have plenty of cooperative people helping us with all the things we just bought for the house. Most of the rooms were filled at this point, and there wasn't much left to do.

"You know Bea, I was just thinking..."

"Uh oh, that's a dangerous habit," I joked.

Karrie gave me a grumpy pout, "I'm serious, I have an idea!"

"Then tell me your great idea."

Karrie dragged me over to one of our many windows by the arm. "You have a beautiful garden now, and it's very large and spacious. Even with those cherry blossom trees scattered around..."