Chapter 38: A Beautiful Day for a Wedding

Begin!

~Karen's POV

Today is the day! We're getting married today! Being the hopeless romantic I am, I dreamt of my wedding day for a long time. And it was finally here. I was getting married at the same time as my best friend. Bea showed me her dress before we started changing and it was very extravagant, it suited her perfectly. I had picked mine out on my own time and I knew that Quinten would absolutely adore it!

 I had picked mine out on my own time and I knew that Quinten would absolutely adore it!

"Well how do I look?" Bea asked, wanting my opinion.

"Bea you always look gorgeous, the dress just adds to it," I replied smiling.

"You look gorgeous too, Karrie."

"Ladies please you're both pretty," Josephine said dryly while she helped Bea with her dress.

We heard a small giggle from nearby and Bea looked over at where Violet was sitting in her stroller. "What do you think, Violet, does mommy look pretty?"

Violet made a noise of agreement, not that we could understand and continued looking curiously at us. She was too young to understand what was going on today but she was happy regardless. Bea was lucky to have such a beautiful daughter. And ever since my talk with Bea the night she had Violet, I was trying to build up more confidence in hopefully having one myself someday. Though the most helpful part of this was Quinten himself. When I first told him about my issues he was supportive and assured me that he didn't care if we never had any kids. He loved me, and would stay with me anyway. It was good to know that no matter what my future held, I had a loving partner by my side.

We heard a knock on the door and Josie answered it for us. It was Dewey and Ike coming to tell us that everything was ready outside. They also took a moment to be stunned at how we looked, obviously.

"Thanks for the heads up we were just about done here," I said.

Dewey smiled at me, "You look wonderful Karrie."

"Thank you," I replied.

The plan was to have Josie take Violet to sit with the other guests and then start the ceremony. Most of our associates were able to make it. The Duchess obviously was too busy to attend even if we had asked, but she did send a congratulatory message for us. Kit obviously came with Dewey, and she would have come even if they weren't together. Jacques was able to make it, as well. Lemony and Moxie were here too, though I hoped that Lemony was truly ok with being here for this. Sure he's married to Moxie now, but he had been very devoted to Bea when they were together. Either way he and Moxie recommended an excellent wedding chef and baker, a friend of theirs named Jake Hix. (We all agreed that hiring him was the best choice because his food was amazing!) Sammie was able to come with her family, not that it was any concern. Jacqueline and Larry were able to make it. And so were Gustav and our friend Dr. Montgomery.

Jacqueline was particularly excited about her day off from working her new undercover secretary job. (I'm told her boss is an idiot so I understand the need for a break.) Ike, Josephine, and Hector obviously made it. I hadn't bothered to ask Bea about the subject but I could tell she hadn't sent Gregor an invitation. That was irrelevant however as we were sure he wouldn't have come anyway. On my end, I had Dewey and Frank. In the best interests of keeping things safe for Bea and her child, I asked a favor of a V.F.D. acquaintance to keep an eye on Ernest while he was "left in charge of the hotel." At least one of my cousins always had to be there for safety reasons and since Ernest turned traitor he had to be monitored while we were all off duty today.

Regrettably my triplet brothers were not with me any longer, but while the seating arrangements had been planned I asked to leave two seats empty for them in spirit. I had always hoped that they would be the ones giving me away at my wedding. I did the same treatment for my parents, though at the very least Quinten still had his parents, who absolutely loved me of course. Bea and Bertrand had done the same for their missing family members. (Though I couldn't help noticing during the ceremony that Bea had requested no empty spot for Gregor. She was less merciful than I thought...)

Once we had finished getting ready we set out to marry the men we loved at last.

~...

The wedding went off without any issues. It was an absolutely perfect day and a perfect party. We had the reception in the garden, where everything had been wonderfully decorated. The party went on for hours. Dewey offered to dance with me in place of my father, and I shared a dance with Frank too; Bea got a similar offer from Ike. And Bea and I got a kick out of watching Bertrand swing Violet around in his arms to dance with her.

It was a fun night all around. We were surrounded by friends and associates, everything felt peaceful and we were happy.

When the party was finally over and everyone was heading home for the night, Quinten and I gave Bea and Bertrand hugs and said our good-byes. We would be leaving for our honeymoon tomorrow and wouldn't see them for several weeks; since they had Violet they decided to skip a honeymoon entirely, which was understandable. I got into Quinten's car, and gave him a smile as we drove off.

"So, how does it feel being married to me now," I asked.

"I was about to ask you the same thing, Mrs. Quagmire," Quinten said teasingly.

"It feels wonderful," I replied.

"It feels wonderful to me too, Kare-bear." I saw him suddenly glance at the rear view mirror after we turned a corner. "But we are gonna have to take the long way home cause we're being followed. Buckle up, this is gonna get bumpy."

I looked in the mirror and saw a car with tinted windows following several lengths behind us.

"On our wedding night? Ugh, villains have no fucking courtesy."

~End of Chapter